ISY on Polisy and Amazon Echo

gregf

Is the Amazon Echo integration available on the ISY Policy ?

Or is it on the roadmap?

My reason for asking is that my 5ish year old 944i ZW recently got nailed with a power event. The ethernet adapter not working. I was still running 4.x and the old Z-wave card. I had intended to upgrade.  I have a very modest Insteon setup with 5 or six devices, serial PLM. Only a couple of programs that turn lights on and off at set times. Starting over with a blank config is not an issue. 

I do control a couple of switches and outlets with Alex but can live without it for a while.

I'm thinking of going with a Polisy PRO instead of replacing the 944i  just to be future proof. I realize the ISY on Policy is still alpha, but guess it will work with my small low complexity setup.  

Thanks,

Greg

That will depend on how computer adept you are IMHO. PolISY is coming along quite well but there may be a lot of challenges.

However, it sounds like a good plan but may drag for some time yet. You could consider contacting UDI and ask about a rebuild ISY and/or rebuilding your own PLM. One poster claimed he bought a USB PLM and swapped the board successfully. Later it could be swapped back for your polisy.

EDIT: I see just after I typed this Michel responded.

3 hours ago, larryllix said:

That will depend on how computer adept you are IMHO. PolISY is coming along quite well but there may be a lot of challenges.

However, it sounds like a good plan but may drag for some time yet. You could consider contacting UDI and ask about a rebuild ISY and/or rebuilding your own PLM. One poster claimed he bought a USB PLM and swapped the board successfully. Later it could be swapped back for your polisy.

EDIT: I see just after I typed this Michel responded.

Thanks for the response. For various reasons, I think I would prefer to put the cost of replacing the 944 towards a Polisy. Wonder if there is a “loyalty” program that would get me a discount?

Edited by gregf
1 hour ago, gregf said:

Thanks for the response. For various reasons, I think I would prefer to put the cost of replacing the 944 towards a Polisy. Wonder if there is a “loyalty” program that would get me a discount?

Need to contact UDI. They can be very generous with deals for people.

• Like 2