Tripp Lite - Antimicrobial Protection

Teken

On 9/22/2021 at 9:43 AM, Teken said:

I received this mailer today and have to say this whole COVID-19 has brought a lot of things to the forefront as it pertains to hygiene, decontamination, and germs etc. I honestly don’t know if this product or similar would have any material impact to a person or companies incidence of getting sick or catching a bug.

I’ve never seen anyone play with a power adapter once a device was inserted and deployed?!? These devices are very much install, plug, use, and walk away.

Don’t see how this would help anyone in the near term or long term?? emoji848.png

The only thing that comes to mind is ada boy for trying. Would anyone buy this product over a competing product just for this feature?!? For me if both items were spec’d exactly in terms of surge protection, price, and the only distinction was anti microbial - maybe?

https://www.tripplite.com/surge-protector-6-outlet-990-joules-antimicrobial-protection~tlp610buam

It is possible that California will make outlets/surge supressors that are NOT antimicrobial illegal to sell within the State.  Tripplite may be ahead of the curve and have their lobbiest convincing the esteemed leaders of the once great state of California the virtues of such antimicrobial devices.  Of course I no longer live there, so I'm out of the loop, but that is where it was heading. 

It is possible that California will make outlets/surge supressors that are NOT antimicrobial illegal to sell within the State.  Tripplite may be ahead of the curve and have their lobbiest convincing the esteemed leaders of the once great state of California the virtues of such antimicrobial devices.  Of course I no longer live there, so I'm out of the loop, but that is where it was heading. 

I can’t say if what you stated is true or their intent. But can say the lack of documentation and transparency as it relates to testing and scientific data to support this new product is troubling.

This also doesn’t address how any (anti microbial) coating imbedded or otherwise would address dusk and other foreign substance falling and adhering to the casing.
2 minutes ago, Teken said:

I can’t say if what you stated is true or their intent. But can say the lack of documentation and transparency as it relates to testing and scientific data to support this new product is troubling. emoji107.png

This also doesn’t address how any (anti microbial) coating imbedded or otherwise would address dusk and other foreign substance falling and adhering to the casing.

Teken, don't let facts and common sense get in the way of a good government policy.  I'm kidding about California making such devices required.  But, after living there many, many years, there were many things California implemented/required that didn't make sense, at least in my opinion.

9 hours ago, larryllix said:

Now it comes to light we are trying to kill viruses that are not alive in the first place. :)

However....if you read their brag closely they only use the terms "germs" and "bacteria" and never mention viruses.

Damn. I guess I'm going to start wearing my mask again when near them....

Archived