PLM repair Service...

MrBill

I was just reading through Insteon listings on Ebay and someone has a listing to repair Insteon Hubs.  While the listing is specific to 2245-222 it also says "(The most common model is 2245-222, but we service them all under this listing.)"  So I suspect they will also repair PLM's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283883021704

I'll send the seller an email and suggest if that's true they should advertise here as well.

Any idea if he would be abled to fix the Insteon connection part of a 

Dual Band Normally Closed 240V Load Controller (2477SA2) v.3A?

ISY reports "cannot communicate with .." Slowly failed over the last month. Now cant write or connect to it but can sometimes turn it on and off from AC.

Mine just died. Planning to replace with a z-wave. Knew these were prone to failure when I bought it a few years back, but didn't know of many options back then. 

From the FCC Database for the 2477SA 220 Volt module.

The photo looks like it may have two switching supplies in it. One for each 120 Volt input. So it may have the same questionable type caps in it. I have not seen anyone trying to repair them. With no neutral connection. Can't say what happens when they start to fail.  I kind of remember seeing a Mylar cap also mentioned sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Since they also do the 2445-222 HUB. They may have used its photo when adding the PLM to the repair list of modules they do.

The sellers photos are of a 2445-222 HUB. That also is subject to the same bad capacitors as we see in a 2413S.

I have received an email from nilachidatasystems on Ebay that he has included the 2413s in his list of devices he will repair. I can offer no endorsement of his work, but I plan to try his service in the future. It would be helpful if you would post your experience, if any.

2 hours ago, smokegrub said:

I just ordered a couple that have been repaired.

You do realize that this is a repair service. Not selling repaired devices. You've got to send in the non-working devices for them to repair and they then send back to you. So just ordering 2 means you've got to send in 2 broken PLM to be repaired and returned to you. 

At least if you're ordering this item.

And this seems to only be for PLM that don't power on. If they have communication issues they cannot repair that at this time.

From the listing:

If you have a device that is failing to communicate, contact us first. 
This repair listing is currently limited to models that no longer power on.
We may offer a separate service for other issues soon, contact us and let us know your problem.  

19 hours ago, Geddy said:

You do realize that this is a repair service. Not selling repaired devices. You've got to send in the non-working devices for them to repair and they then send back to you. So just ordering 2 means you've got to send in 2 broken PLM to be repaired and returned to you. 

At least if you're ordering this item.

And this seems to only be for PLM that don't power on. If they have communication issues they cannot repair that at this time.

From the listing:

Pardon me, but when I purchased it listed five as refurbished. The seller has since asked me cancel the purchase. He said it was repair only, correcting the misinformation I initiaily saw. No problem. I plan to still try him out.

Archived