Scene Bounce

Hi All,

My house while being quite big the wiring is all along the core. However I get quite a bit of "Scene Bounce" where I press Kitchen or a button Kitchen+Playroom.

It goes on, and then 4-5 seconds later it goes off. I think it is the Insteon command being echoed by devices.

Is it possible to turn "repeater off" except maybe 3-4 devices.

Devon

No, there is no way I'm aware of to disable that functionality within INSTEON devices. That being said, I wouldn't think that's your issue.

Do you have any programs that could be running based on the control or status of any of those devices? Anything else that's able to control your lighting, such as an Elk?

Mike,

I have only Insteon devices and an ISY-99. This Scene does have the oldest devices I have in the house, Hex 2A and Hex 2C KPL's. And most of what is being turned on an off is a KPL.

I turned the event viewer up to Level 3 on the ISY and I get the error Process Message Failed.

It is for the kitchen lights and I have 5-6 Controllers and 3 responders for the scene.

I do have access points across the phases, and am thinking about adding a Phase Coupler. (I have one not installed, I just need to find a place to install it.)

-jt

Hi Devon -

Michel is right-on I think, I experienced this as well with certain rev KPLs. I went back through my email, and my KPLs that experienced similar issues were labeled v1.5 (look for a sticker on the front of the unit).

Here is a cut and paste of my email describing my situation:

Location 1:

KPL Dimmer v1.5 (load)

KPL Dimmer v1.5 (no load)

SwitchLinc Dimmer v3.1 (no load)

Location 2:

KPL Dimmer v1.5 (no load)

LampLinc Dimmer v2.7 (load)

SwitchLinc Dimmer v3.1 (no load)

Both of these locations worked fine with v1.4 KPLs. Since swapping them with the v1.5 KPLs, they are having very odd issues. I've tried factory resetting everything, then cross-linking them using the tap-tap method. When the KPL is added to the scene, in both cases the SwitchLincs behave erratically. It varies, maybe based on the order that I link them, but one of the following happens:

Location 1:

- When I turn the light on via the SwitchLinc, the light attached to the KPL goes on, but the SwitchLinc turns itself back off

- When I turn the light off via the SwitchLinc, the light attached to the KPL goes off, but the SwitchLinc turns itself back on

Location 2:

- When I turn the light on via the SwitchLinc, the light attached to the LampLinc goes on, but then turns right back off

- When I turn the light off via the SwitchLinc, the light attached to the LampLinc goes off, but then turns right back on

- When I turn the light on via the SwitchLinc, the light attached to the LampLinc goes on, but the SwitchLinc turns right back off

- When I turn the light off via the SwitchLinc, the light attached to the LampLinc goes off, but the SwitchLinc turns itself back on

I'm not seeing this with other KPLs yet, but I believe these are the only locations where I have a KPL load buttons cross-linked with a SwitchLinc. Also maybe the only location I have the KPL load buttons cross-linked with 3 or more devices.

My problems were fixed with replacement KPLs. If this sounds like your issue, and your KPL is labeled version 1.5, I would return them for warranty replacement.

Archived