Query All - Z-Wave Behaviour

mmb

@Michel Kohanim or anyone else...

I had to recreate my Query All program for Polisy and it seems to work well for the Insteon and initially for my Z-Wave plugin switch modules.  I get the usual exclamation mark when I unplug them.   I use "initially" because the exclamation mark seems to appear/disappear intermittently on successive Query Alls.

The Query All Program with an unplugged Aeotec Repeater does not seem to generate any warning at all when unplugged.  When I check the Event Viewer a Query All program command does not query either of two Aeotec Repeaters I have.

When I Query a Repeater device directly, I see the Z-Wave Controller sending the Query to the Repeater but no follow up messages are received.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks!

Update: I followed the Aeotec Repeater 7 instructions for checking power levels and they do send a cryptic messages to the Polisy - so they are alive.  Apparently these messages are an indication of power level quality.

Repeater ZW026

Thu 01/20/2022 04:47:29 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW026_1] [73/06] CC=0x73 cmd=0x06 [0101000A] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x1A

Repeater ZW028

Thu 01/20/2022 04:49:31 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW028_1] [73/06] CC=0x73 cmd=0x06 [0101000A] ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x1C

Last Update: Aeotec rather quickly responded to my ticket.  For reference as follows:

If you really want to break down Z-Wave byte communication then you can find out the meanings from the developers specifications of Z-Wave here: https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/miscellaneous/SDS13781-Z-Wave-Application-Command-Class-Specification.pdf

More specifically Power Level is a protocol command class specification which can be found here: https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/miscellaneous/SDS13784-Z-Wave-Network-Protocol-Command-Class-Specification.pdf

0x73 = Command Class Power Level

0x06 = The command issued, 0x06 = POWER LEVEL TEST NODE REPORT

FROM = the Node ID (Repeater 1 and 2 which are ZW026 and ZW028 which are the identifications of each device). 

We have the value 0101000A

Breakdown:
Test NodeID = 01 (controller)
Status of Operation = 01 (Success)
Test Frame Byte 1 = 00 
Test Frame Byte 2 = 0A

Or in other words:

• 10 Test frames were sent directly by each Repeater to the controller (Node ID 01) and they were successful
  • This indicates the communication to the Repeaters and controller have good communication without failure. 

Archived