Issues with WirelessTag NS and latest updates to PG3 (3.0.45) and IoP (5.4.1)?

dwengrovitz

I noticed an update was available for PG3 today, so I ran the commands to run the update and installed the latest version (3.0.45) as well as the latest IoP (5.4.1).  All of my node servers came back online with the exception of the WirelessTag node server. 

I am running v3.1.3 of the WirelessTag node server, but it just shows as being in a "Disconnected" state on the dashboard, and restarting the node server, PG3, or IoP don't seem to have any effect on restoring the connection and bringing it back online.  The last few lines in the logs were from about an hour ago after I ran the updates and they just say:

2022-03-09 16:57:07,008 MQTT       udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message stop
2022-03-09 16:57:07,010 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING stop
2022-03-09 16:57:07,011 Command    udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_handleInput: Received stop from Polyglot... Shutting Down.
2022-03-09 16:57:07,012 Thread-1505 udi_interface      DEBUG    Controller:handler_stop: Node server stopped.

Anyone else having issues w/ the latest PG3/IoP updates and WirelessTag? 

Can you try restarting it again and then go look at the PG3 log?

Usually, when the node server log doesn't update, it means the node server never started, the reason it isn't starting is probably in the PG3 log.

13 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

Anyone else having issues w/ the latest PG3/IoP updates and WirelessTag? 

Yes. After upgrading polisy my 3 NS were connected but there was no data in ISY for WT. Also, the log wasn't being written. I tried a re-start but I was getting a message saying it wasn't running. As a last resort I uninstalled WT. Now it won't install. It messages that it's installing but nothing ends up getting installed.

2022-03-09_16-31-15.jpg.ca746025e316a7154001fb065a14f3fc.jpg

Yes.  Almost every Node server I own was updated today.  They all updated fine EXCEPT wireless tag.   Its stuck at 3.1.3 and wont start anymore.

As a test I tried to install it again in another slot and after 5 minutes nothing happens and that slot is still available.

I had this happen with other nodeservers.   ST Inventory, Ecobee, etc. and they had to do something and then it worked about a day later.

But for now I am down with Wireless Tags because I cant get back to the 3.1.3 version

and yes I did update Pg3 to latest version BEFORE I did the updates today due to the install bugs it said it fixed.

30 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Can you try restarting it again and then go look at the PG3 log?

Usually, when the node server log doesn't update, it means the node server never started, the reason it isn't starting is probably in the PG3 log.

I tried restarting the node server, and captured what was in the PG3 log.  I can send that to you if you would like. 

6 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

I tried restarting the node server, and captured what was in the PG3 log.  I can send that to you if you would like. 

Yes please.

@macjeffor @vbphil if you can send the PG3 log from when you tried to install and it failed, that would help too.

I think I see why it's failing to install. Looks like @JimboAutomatesupdated the version but didn't upload a new package.  I copied the old package over so it should install, but I think it might not be the latest version.

But go ahead and try installing it now and let me know what happens.

1 minute ago, bpwwer said:

I think I see why it's failing to install. Looks like @JimboAutomatesupdated the version but didn't upload a new package.  I copied the old package over so it should install, but I think it might not be the latest version.

But go ahead and try installing it now and let me know what happens.

Old version 3.1.3 now installs and starts up.   Thats better than nothing!!

Will watch for a new upload of 3.1.4 (later timestamp)

thanks

11 hours ago, JimboAutomates said:

Thanks @bpwwer for fixing that!  I have uploaded 3.1.4 now.

@JimboAutomates@bpwwerThanks.

I was able to re-install version 3.1.4 and it appears to be running fine. A couple observations. It doesn't indicate any nodes found until setting Monitor Tags to True in the Admin Console, this is as designed but I forgot. Also, the Short and Long Poll settings don't agree between the what's shown in PG3 (60,600) and Admin Console (5,60).

Still getting Quad Sensor messages so I've edited the URL Calling value.

Could not call URL for 'Quad Leak Sensor' at event update due to following error

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list., URL attempted to call: http://192.168.1.158:53994/update?tmgr_mac=341A7A7179B1&name={0}&tagid={1}&temp={2}&hum={3}&lux={4}&ts={5}&batv={6}&signaldBm={7}&txpwr={8}

Archived