PG3 Notification Node server 3.3.0 question

Jimbo.Automates

The Polyglot Version 3 Notification Node server 3.3.0 is ready but not yet released.  This version uses a feature that is only available with ISY On Polisy 5.4.2 which was just released today so I am going to hold off and ask if anyone has an issue if I release it.  I'm not sure how it will act on older ISY versions.  The problem is if I release it and PG3 restarts it will automatically upgrade.   I will try to test on my production machine which is not yet upgraded, but in the meantime I want to ask if everyone using it was ok with forcing ISY 5.4.2?  Please comment below.

It has a really nice new feature: https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-notification/blob/master/README.md#short-custom-content 

@mbking I have it almost working for ELK, hopefully release soon

@brians Thanks.  Hopefully everyone who isn't responding feels the same :) Also, you can use Variables and any other system info in Custom Content, the only thing you loose is shorter length, and ability to set other params like device, priorty, sound... but that can always be done from the calling program.  I was also thinking to add a single program command which could send all params in one call.

Hi @JimboAutomates, very nice addition.  I'm missing something in the example you provided.

image.png.943dd03836edeb0e18ac150f16842f08.png

How is information about it being the ecobee Node server communicated?  I see the generic customizations you created but I'm missing how it gets linked to the ecobee ns when the program calls it.

Also wouldn't the Short Custom Content line need to be ahead of the Send Sys Short in the example?

Thank you.

I usually set the parameters in programs already instead of doing it all in the NR... I just keep the NR simple. This way they are all similar and I can choose to use the quick custom method currently in PG3 dashboard, or NR and rest of the setup remains consistent.

I don't think setting up a NR resource is any more difficult than a customization once you do a couple, but customization makes more sense and would not have the IP address hard-coded in case Polisy IP changes.

Here is my Network Resource for Alarm Disarmed - Brian

It uses the Envisalink DSC Node server, and I have a Yale Assure Z-Wave lock.

The only things I change are top Protocol Information and the Body at lower left.

image.thumb.png.f7277a2dd0cdb683ce28df162441d564.png

Here is the program that calls it...

image.png.18ae5fd78e4904dd8169a7d0c949a089.png

The only difference would be in the program would call use a customization instead of a Network Resource.

Hi @JimboAutomates, very nice addition.  I'm missing something in the example you provided.
image.png.943dd03836edeb0e18ac150f16842f08.png
How is information about it being the ecobee Node server communicated?  I see the generic customizations you created but I'm missing how it gets linked to the ecobee ns when the program calls it.
Also wouldn't the Short Custom Content line need to be ahead of the Send Sys Short in the example?
Thank you.
Yes, the custom content would contain the info about what it wants to post about the Ecobee node server.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, JimboAutomates said:

Yes, the custom content would contain the info about what it wants to post about the Ecobee node server.

Yes I get that but the content in the customization is generic. How does it get linked up to ecobee when the message is sent?  Are the variables in the customization populated from attributes of the program calling it it?

Yes I get that but the content in the customization is generic. How does it get linked up to ecobee when the message is sent?  Are the variables in the customization populated from attributes of the program calling it it?
They can be yes, with ${sys.program.#.name} and ${sys.node.#.ST)
https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series:EMail_and_Networking_Substitution_Variables

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Archived