PG3 ELK Node server 3.2.7

Jimbo.Automates

IMPORTANT: This release uses a new feature only available with ISY On Polisy 5.4.2.  It should still function on older versions, but there may be issues loading the profile on older versions which will make programs using at least the Area nodes have issues.

The Polyglot Version 3 Node server for ELK Security Version 3.2.7 is released.  Send messages to keypads!  See https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-ELK/blob/master/README.md#area-node -> Display Message

Special thank you to @Chris Jahn for adding a needed feature and working out the best way to handle it.

See the README for more information, including information on moving from PG2.

The Release Notes are also available.

If you have issues are requests please check PG3 ELK Github issues to see it has already been listed: 

1 hour ago, mbking said:

@JimboAutomates,

Sending messages to keypads now.  Thanks for getting this figured out and working.

I'm still showing version 3.1.4 even after the update to 3.2.0.  I restarted the node server to do the update.  Looks like a bug in PG3 3.0.55 @bpwwer.

@JimboAutomates, @bpwwer

I can confirm the same thing happening when upgrading both Elk & Notification Node Servers. Neither updated the version number. Tried the restart option more than once and ssh in to IoP to insure there were no missed updates. 

I confirmed mine to look correct which I restarted last night.

Notification(5)
Current Status: Connected
Current Version: 3.3.0 [Production]
Time Started: Mar 31, 2022, 8:55:19 PM
Uptime: 10 Hour(s) 30 Minute(s) 52 Second(s)

ELK(4)
Current Version: 3.2.0 [Production]
Time Started: Mar 31, 2022, 8:30:50 PM
Uptime: 10 Hour(s) 31 Minute(s) 54 Second(s)

7 minutes ago, JimboAutomates said:

I confirmed mine to look correct which I restarted last night.

Notification(5)
Current Version: 3.3.0 [Production]
Time Started: Mar 31, 2022, 8:55:19 PM
Uptime: 10 Hour(s) 30 Minute(s) 52 Second(s)

ELK(4)
Current Version: 3.2.0 [Production]
Time Started: Mar 31, 2022, 8:30:50 PM
Uptime: 10 Hour(s) 31 Minute(s) 54 Second(s)

I just rebooted Polisy with no change.

Notification(6)

Current Status: Connected
Current Version: 3.2.4 [Production]
Time Started: Apr 1, 2022, 10:37:45 AM
Uptime: 2 Minute(s) 41 Second(s)

ELK(2)

Current Version: 3.1.4 [Production]
Time Started: Apr 1, 2022, 10:10:23 AM
Uptime: 1 Minute(s) 49 Second(s)

I restarted the Elk Node Server again with log set to debug. I checked in the log file and I see the following:

UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.0.38 Starting...

I do not see any error messages. There are a couple of warnings as follows:

2022-04-01 13:08:17,674 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING  interface:db_getNodeDrivers: controller not found in database.

2022-04-01 13:08:17,675 MainThread udi_interface.custom INFO     custom:_save: Sending data notices to Polyglot.

2022-04-01 13:08:17,675 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING  interface:send: MQTT Send waiting on connection :: {'set': [{'key': 'notices', 'value': {}}]}

It took me awhile to see where the message keys listed in help appear. I finally found them under the "Area 1" node. As a suggestion, maybe you want to list the location in the instructions?

1 hour ago, DennisC said:

I restarted the Elk Node Server again with log set to debug. I checked in the log file and I see the following:

UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.0.38 Starting...

I do not see any error messages. There are a couple of warnings as follows:

2022-04-01 13:08:17,674 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING  interface:db_getNodeDrivers: controller not found in database.

2022-04-01 13:08:17,675 MainThread udi_interface.custom INFO     custom:_save: Sending data notices to Polyglot.

2022-04-01 13:08:17,675 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING  interface:send: MQTT Send waiting on connection :: {'set': [{'key': 'notices', 'value': {}}]}

It took me awhile to see where the message keys listed in help appear. I finally found them under the "Area 1" node. As a suggestion, maybe you want to list the location in the instructions?

Those warnings are ok.

The doc link I pointed to was showing the settings in an Area Node :)

https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-ELK/blob/master/README.md#area-node

On 4/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, DennisC said:

I just rebooted Polisy with no change.

Notification(6)

Current Version: 3.2.4 [Production]
Time Started: Apr 1, 2022, 10:37:45 AM
Uptime: 2 Minute(s) 41 Second(s)

ELK(2)

Current Version: 3.1.4 [Production]
Time Started: Apr 1, 2022, 10:10:23 AM
Uptime: 1 Minute(s) 49 Second(s)

@JimboAutomates, @bpwwer

Has the issue causing the correct updated version from showing been identified?

Is there anything needed to help identify the issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JimboAutomates, I'm not sure whether this is an ELK or UD Mobile issue.  Sometime in the past week after one upate or another (UD or ELK, I don't know which), I no longer see a drop-down for Armed Status.  Is there now a different way to ARM/DISARM or am I missing something? I'm on IoP 5.4.3_1, PG3 3.0.59, ELK 3.2.7 and UD mobile 0.140.

I've resynced UD Mobile, restarted the node server, restarte IoP, and in various orders and no change.

Thanks!

@JimboAutomates, I'm not sure whether this is an ELK or UD Mobile issue.  Sometime in the past week after one upate or another (UD or ELK, I don't know which), I no longer see a drop-down for Armed Status.  Is there now a different way to ARM/DISARM or am I missing something? I'm on IoP 5.4.3_1, PG3 3.0.59, ELK 3.2.7 and UD mobile 0.140.
I've resynced UD Mobile, restarted the node server, restarte IoP, and in various orders and no change.
Thanks!

I'm on the same versions and it works for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, glarsen said:

Thanks!

Hi @glarsen,

The app should show all controls as a button and if the command is matched to a status, the status will be clickable. Is the command available as a button?  If it is not, does it happen to be hidden (click edit button at top of screen)?

13 hours ago, Javi said:

Hi @glarsen,

The app should show all controls as a button and if the command is matched to a status, the status will be clickable. Is the command available as a button?  If it is not, does it happen to be hidden (click edit button at top of screen)?

I don't know exactly what was going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's fine now.  Thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived