End/beginnin

MarkJames

As many have pointed out Insteon products seem to be done.  I understand that the line is being picked up by Nokia but not all devices will still be available.

I have a fairly large installation.  Probably 80-100 Insteon devices.  Many of my lights depend on Insteon control.  This change in availability of Insteon products couldn't come at a worse time for me.  I'm getting ready to sell my home and I have a couple of devices that are not working and I can't find replacements for - an 8 button and a 6 button Keypadlinc to be exact.  I'm wandering around looking for KPL's that I can burgle from one location that I don't use as much to ones that I use a lot.  

I guess I'm going to have to move to a different technology to make things work again.  I'm okay with moving to Polisy from my current 994 if that's what it takes.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to start replacing some of my failed Insteon with something that I can integrate with or without PolIsy?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, MarkJames said:

Well that's not the best news ever.  Thanks, I guess.  Do you know if there are any services out there repairing Insteon devices for people with existing installations?

There's a guy on eBay that does plms but i don't know about regular devices. I'm one to replace a failed device vs try to fix so it's not something I ever looked into

9 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I'm one to replace a failed device vs try to fix so it's not something I ever looked into

Same... 

I guess I'll burgle a KPL from somewhere that's not used too often to replace the one that does my kitchen. Sigh. Gonna have to decide on a new technology for any future repair/replacement.  

Archived