PLM Firmware

Chuck

Before I get started, I wanted to make sure Smarthome sent me the latest, or best firmware on the 2412S PLM.

The sticker (which has been placed over a previous sticker) states "3507 Firm52 REV 2.4"

I read somewhere in this forum there is a version 56.

What is the preferred PLM version?

Thanks,

Chuck

I have a beta PLM with FIRM 56 and am having trouble creating a scene that brings me over 417 links. I thought 56 was supposed to handle appx 1000 links? I keep getting the generic "failed" message.

I've used the ISY PLM Link Calculator and confirmed that my new scene takes me above 417 links. Any thoughts or tips on how I can find the root cause of my problem? Up to now, I've had no issues adding new scenes.

Marko

Hello Marko,

I am so very sorry to hear this. Yes, FIRM 56 does support more than 417 links (close to 2000 links). Would you please let me know precisely what you are trying to do when you get "Request Failed"? Are you trying to add one device into a scene?

With sincere apologies,

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a beta PLM with FIRM 56 and am having trouble creating a scene that brings me over 417 links. I thought 56 was supposed to handle appx 1000 links? I keep getting the generic "failed" message.

I've used the ISY PLM Link Calculator and confirmed that my new scene takes me above 417 links. Any thoughts or tips on how I can find the root cause of my problem? Up to now, I've had no issues adding new scenes.

Marko

Hello Michel,

Well it's a moot point now, as my problem seems to have mysteriously fixed itself. Not sure of the cause, but just for the record: Yes, I was trying to add another device into a large scene. Every time I tried, I would get the "Request Failed" message. Here were the troubleshooting steps I followed:

- Retried adding the device several times; Request Failed

- Power off reset PLM; Request Failed

- Reboot ISY; Request Failed

- Power off PLM & ISY; Request Failed

- Remove Scene, restore PLM, power off reset PLM & ISY, add scene; Scene devices added successfully until final (control) device; Request Failed

At this point I gave up and posted to this forum. Today however (several days later) I tried again and was able to successfully add the scene as well as the previously troublesome control device to said scene!

Seems kinda bizarre to me - not sure what would take place in the interim that would resolve the problem but whatever it was the problem no longer exists.

FYI, per the link calculator I now have 432 links ... and growing :)

Marko,

Indeed very odd but not as odd as you may think: there are cases where devices with "existing" links do not allow other conflicting links to be written to them. In 2.4.13, we did not clear all the existing links and that would probably explain why you've been having all these problems.

For future reference and before we release 2.5, please use the Start Linking method which guarantees removal of all the existing links.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel,

Well it's a moot point now, as my problem seems to have mysteriously fixed itself. Not sure of the cause, but just for the record: Yes, I was trying to add another device into a large scene. Every time I tried, I would get the "Request Failed" message. Here were the troubleshooting steps I followed:

- Retried adding the device several times; Request Failed

- Power off reset PLM; Request Failed

- Reboot ISY; Request Failed

- Power off PLM & ISY; Request Failed

- Remove Scene, restore PLM, power off reset PLM & ISY, add scene; Scene devices added successfully until final (control) device; Request Failed

At this point I gave up and posted to this forum. Today however (several days later) I tried again and was able to successfully add the scene as well as the previously troublesome control device to said scene!

Seems kinda bizarre to me - not sure what would take place in the interim that would resolve the problem but whatever it was the problem no longer exists.

FYI, per the link calculator I now have 432 links ... and growing :)

Archived