How to use "change_no_pon"

kzboray

@xKing I'm trying to set HSBKD without having the light power on. Will "change_no_pon" do that? I have added a custom parameter, but I'm not sure if I need to add a value, something like "true" or "1".

2022-05-02_22-04-58.thumb.png.d304366ea2608c4ddb4445dff5eaace7.png

As it is setting HSBKD in a program powers on the bulb.

2022-05-02_22-06-58.thumb.png.49f35fdc5c708c0b1cf2b2ee8cd46f94.png

I'm trying to set color and brightness changes over time for circadian lighting and I don't want the light to actually come on as I make the changes, only when a switch turns it on or when a voice command is issued. But when that happens I want the bulb at the right color / brightness value.

Is this possible?

I took a spin at this (just the "key" with no "value" in the configuration) and I can't get it to work, either.  Setting the log to "debug" results in the following in the log:

2022-05-03 07:02:48,237 MQTT       udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message getAll
2022-05-03 07:02:48,239 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING getAll
2022-05-03 07:02:48,242 Thread-1   udi_interface.custom DEBUG    custom:load: CUSTOM: load {'change_no_pon': ''}
2022-05-03 07:02:48,244 Command    udi_interface.custom DEBUG    custom:load: CUSTOM: load {}
2022-05-03 07:02:48,244 Thread-1   udi_interface.custom DEBUG    custom:load: CUSTOM:  -- checking change_no_pon / 
2022-05-03 07:02:48,245 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_handleInput: Key nsdata should be passed to node server.
2022-05-03 07:02:48,246 Thread-1   udi_interface.custom DEBUG    custom:clear: CUSTOM: Clear  ...saving
2022-05-03 07:02:48,247 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_handleInput: Key oauth should be passed to node server.
2022-05-03 07:02:48,248 Thread-1   udi_interface.custom INFO     custom:_save: Sending data notices to Polyglot.
2022-05-03 07:02:48,251 Thread-1   udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:send: PUBLISHING {'set': [{'key': 'notices', 'value': {}}]}

The github repository for the PG3 version isn't linked to on the PG3 store page, and I can't find it, so I don't know where else to look.  A ticket with UDI might be the best route forward with this.

9 hours ago, kzboray said:

I'm trying to set HSBKD without having the light power on. Will "change_no_pon" do that? I have added a custom parameter, but I'm not sure if I need to add a value, something like "true" or "1".

2022-05-02_22-04-58.thumb.png.d304366ea2608c4ddb4445dff5eaace7.png

As it is setting HSBKD in a program powers on the bulb.

2022-05-02_22-06-58.thumb.png.49f35fdc5c708c0b1cf2b2ee8cd46f94.png

I'm trying to set color and brightness changes over time for circadian lighting and I don't want the light to actually come on as I make the changes, only when a switch turns it on or when a voice command is issued. But when that happens I want the bulb at the right color / brightness value.

Is this possible?

I'm not sure what your variable is set to do but as i read it, once it turns 1 (i assume it's dark), the light should come on.

If you only want it to happen when you turn the switch on, shouldn't you add

"and switch is turned on" to the if statement?

@lilyoyo1 Thanks for your confirmation on the "change_no_pon" not working!

As far as the variable, yes the light comes on if I run that program. That's what I'm trying to avoid using the "change_no_pon" setting. I want to be able to set different colors / brightness over a 24hr period.

So in the morning when you switch on the lights I want bright blue light. In the evening I want orange / mellow brightness. But I'm trying to track the circadian cycle so the value for brightness and color will change every 6 minutes throughout the day.

Step one is to stop the lights form coming on when I change their color / brightness. Then I'll build the program to increment a variable that will be added or subtracted from the current color / brightness. That value will then be used to set the current brightness / color.

In the past I have hard coded 20 different settings for all the different times of the day. I'm trying to improve upon that.

I have also confirmed that the change_on_pon is not working in PG3 - LiFX Node server. The logs appear to not show the detection and turning on of the feature. In PG2 the log shows this by logging  LOGGER.debug('Change of color won\'t power bulbs on') this is not being executed under PG3 so I will have to check with devs if the parameter readings in PG3 differ or if there is a bug from the port into PG3. 

Make sure you add a value to the custom parameters that evaluates to true.   Something like

key - change_on_pon, value = '1'

If you leave the value blank, that evaluates to false and means you don't want that feature enabled.

5 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Make sure you add a value to the custom parameters that evaluates to true.   Something like

key - change_on_pon, value = '1'

If you leave the value blank, that evaluates to false and means you don't want that feature enabled.

Bravo, kind sir!  I just ran a test and it does indeed work!

Archived