Polisy NEEDS a pretty selfhosted web interface.

kpurintun

Hi @Javi -  you might want to check out running Win11 in a VM... I'm sure there are several ways but here's one I found pretty easy to follow https://blogs.oracle.com/virtualization/post/install-microsoft-windows-11-on-virtualbox

you just need to download virtualbox if you don't have it already https://www.virtualbox.org/ and the iso from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

when you get to the product key just say I don't have one

• 4 weeks later...

@Michel KohanimUD mobile is pretty.  Blew me away how you wiped out all the competition when you launched it.  Made them irrelevant.  With a bit of work setting your favourite screens up it is better than any portal program before now.  I would not use it as my main programming interface but would love to check a program and troubleshoot from afar.....because that is when something breaks; when I am afar.

My only complaint of the Admin is the speed of launch and the lack of ability to leave it 'always on'.  I would like to have the app running on my MacBP and close my lid, come back later and do a bit more.  This would add a ton of value.  Currently when you come back to the Admin and have to re-log in, it usually does not quite work or sync the nodes properly, so you close the program and relaunch start again.  Otherwise the interface is just fine.  Perfect. No.  Should you re-write to make it pretty.  No.  Your time is a finite resource,  work on the cool stuff.

I do NOT nor ever will use HA as another layer ; looked at it and found it wanting.  Please, please do not do ANYTHING with windows.....ever.

I have worked in planning, management, engineering, manufacturing, & led large groups of people.  You will not make everyone happy.  Take input.  Ignore most of it but the good stuff.

7 hours ago, sjenkins said:

@Michel KohanimUD mobile is pretty.  Blew me away how you wiped out all the competition when you launched it.  Made them irrelevant.  With a bit of work setting your favourite screens up it is better than any portal program before now.  I would not use it as my main programming interface but would love to check a program and troubleshoot from afar.....because that is when something breaks; when I am afar.

My only complaint of the Admin is the speed of launch and the lack of ability to leave it 'always on'.  I would like to have the app running on my MacBP and close my lid, come back later and do a bit more.  This would add a ton of value.  Currently when you come back to the Admin and have to re-log in, it usually does not quite work or sync the nodes properly, so you close the program and relaunch start again.  Otherwise the interface is just fine.  Perfect. No.  Should you re-write to make it pretty.  No.  Your time is a finite resource,  work on the cool stuff.

I do NOT nor ever will use HA as another layer ; looked at it and found it wanting.  Please, please do not do ANYTHING with windows.....ever.

I have worked in planning, management, engineering, manufacturing, & led large groups of people.  You will not make everyone happy.  Take input.  Ignore most of it but the good stuff.

I fully agree with you that UD Mobile is excellent. Also, like you, I use a desktop or notebook most of the day and the AC is not built to be open for a long time. Until recently I used HA as a front for ISY and I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, since  adding IoP and splitting  my devices between ISY and IoP (until there is a migration tool), I can no longer add my ISY to HA.

@Javi pointed me to Bluestack which allows to add the Android UD Mobile app tp my Windows computers.  Using Bluestack the UD Mobile App is slow but it works. Why you ask not to anything with Windows escapes (my) logic as there is another world aside from Apple :-) 

For sure Javi may have other priorities but I hope that UD Mobile will be added to the Microsoft Store and, because I am basically a nice guy, also the  Mac App stor.

Thanks @Michel Kohanim,

any thoughts or plans on movement to a desktop admin app or applet which sustains better?  Even something with keep alive like an ssh connection. Again, with the launch time in the current app which can be  20sec by the time you make the elements for the nodes and then hit programs and it makes the elements for them, once a day would be a big satisfier. 
thanks again for all you & your team does!

8 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

Thanks @Michel Kohanim,

any thoughts or plans on movement to a desktop admin app or applet which sustains better?  Even something with keep alive like an ssh connection. Again, with the launch time in the current app which can be  20sec by the time you make the elements for the nodes and then hit programs and it makes the elements for them, once a day would be a big satisfier. 
thanks again for all you & your team does!

Hi @sjenkins,  UD Mobile should handle resume/restart better/faster than the AC and will restart connections automatically on resume.  UD Mobile is available on the App store for M1 macs although there are a few issues we are working to correct. 

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/35564-running-ud-mobile-on-an-m1-mac/

Basic program/variable editing is now available on Android and will be ported to iOS soon.

@asbril, we are still waiting on Amazon/Microsoft to open this for all developers on Windows.

4 hours ago, sjenkins said:

Again, with the launch time in the current app which can be  20sec by the time you make the elements for the nodes and then hit programs and it makes the elements for them, once a day would be a big satisfier.

I use my AC on two systems - one is a stable jump system running a dual core Sandy Bridge mobile chip that I can access from any device and provides me a gigabit LAN connection so I don't drop connection when my laptop or tablet roams between WAPs (I RDP into it), and the other is my desktop PC with an i9-12900K ... my times are closer to 200 seconds for Sandy Bridge, and 2 seconds for the i9 from a Polisy - with my ISY994i it used to take 60 or so seconds to load on my desktop though.

Going to high power CPUs really helps performance a ton, both on the ISY/Polisy and the client running the AC, and either can be left open for days without issue because of a stable network.

2 hours ago, jec6613 said:

I use my AC on two systems - one is a stable jump system running a dual core Sandy Bridge mobile chip that I can access from any device and provides me a gigabit LAN connection so I don't drop connection when my laptop or tablet roams between WAPs (I RDP into it), and the other is my desktop PC with an i9-12900K ... my times are closer to 200 seconds for Sandy Bridge, and 2 seconds for the i9 from a Polisy - with my ISY994i it used to take 60 or so seconds to load on my desktop though.

Going to high power CPUs really helps performance a ton, both on the ISY/Polisy and the client running the AC, and either can be left open for days without issue because of a stable network.

You got me thinking. I have two Mac mini’s (one an m1) always on driving the tv’s. Could screen share from my mbp. Well let’s see if that drives better. Might be clunky too. 

Archived