Can't remove device?

MarkJames

I have a switchlinc relay which hasn't been working properly. I think it's defective. I removed it from all the scenes it was a member of and then I removed it from the folder it was in. It now no longer exists in the left pane of the administrative console. It still exists under the 'my lighting' list, though. I don't seem to be able to do anything with it from there. I can't delete it or reenable it or anything and I get errmsgs from the isy saying it can't communicate with it.

Any suggestions on how to 'get rid' of it? The firmware is 2.7.9a

Thanks,

mark

Hi Mark,

If you are going to replace it with another SWL, it would be best to use the replace function:

1. Right mouse click on the one that is not being removed

2. Choose the one to replace it with

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a switchlinc relay which hasn't been working properly. I think it's defective. I removed it from all the scenes it was a member of and then I removed it from the folder it was in. It now no longer exists in the left pane of the administrative console. It still exists under the 'my lighting' list, though. I don't seem to be able to do anything with it from there. I can't delete it or reenable it or anything and I get errmsgs from the isy saying it can't communicate with it.

Any suggestions on how to 'get rid' of it? The firmware is 2.7.9a

Thanks,

mark

Unfortunately that's not an option.

The switch no longer appears in the lefthand pane where you would normally select it to add it to scenes or replace it or what have you. It only appears in the rightside list when I bring up the my lighting choice - you know, the screen that shows all the devices with state, address, and type in alphabetical order. On that side it shows with an address and type but the state is blank.

Somehow it's gotten 'misplaced'

mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks so very much ... in the name column on the overview pane, what do you see? Is there a name associated with it?

What happens when you double click the row on which this device is represented?

With kind regards,

Michel

Unfortunately that's not an option.

The switch no longer appears in the lefthand pane where you would normally select it to add it to scenes or replace it or what have you. It only appears in the rightside list when I bring up the my lighting choice - you know, the screen that shows all the devices with state, address, and type in alphabetical order. On that side it shows with an address and type but the state is blank.

Somehow it's gotten 'misplaced'

mark

Archived