Backup fails because "Could not Retrieve File .../NTCLIST.CFG

srm

I've had several occasions where an ISY backup failed with messages "Could Not Create the Zip File" and "Could not Retrieve File /CONF/MAIL/NTCLIST.CFG". (I'm running firmware 5.3.4 on an ISY994I.) The most recent occurred just 5 weeks after the same problem led me to do a new install of firmware 5.3.4 onto a new High Endurance SD card followed by restoring a working backup.

Telnetting into the ISY indicates that the NTCLIST.CFG file exists and has a size of 19122 bytes. However, many of my functioning backups don't include an NTCLIST.CFG file, so I presume I could create a backup of my current ISY programs if I simply delete the NTCLIST.CFG file from the SD card first. (The NTCLIST.CFG file seems to be a concatenation of all 334 of my email customization files (*.NTC)).

Accordingly, I have three immediate questions:

(1) Is there a way to delete a file from the SD card by Telnetting into the ISY?

(2) If not, is there a way to do a safe shutdown of the ISY so I can then remove the SD card and delete the file using another computer. I'm always concerned that the SD card might become corrupted if I simply disconnect power from the ISY while it is running.

(3) Does anyone know what might cause this repetitive problem so I can avoid it in the future.

Thanks!

A failing SD card would be my first thought, but you've already replaced your card once.

Very uncommon, but you might be having a 994 hardware failure.

OK, one long shot, do you have any ports open externally at your router, in particular any that allow UDP packets? ISY 994 network operations can be hung by flooding with junk UDP packets coming in through any open port. I got hit with that once, although it was a slightly different issue.

Otherwise (or IAC), you should open up a ticket with UD. They respond quickly.

* Orest

Archived