Re: logging into Polisy to get MQTT log files, I can see the Polyglot log and it has MQTT entries along with a lot of other stuff. I can also log into Polisy via ssh but don't know what to do once I am there. Is one of those things what you were referring to? If ssh, please advise how to get the log files once I am logged in. I could write something to edit the Polyglot log file to keep important stuff, if I knew what was important.

I normally use WinSCP to move files to and from Polisy. 

There should be 3 text files containing the packet seem from YOLink API - It is jus the raw packets with timing added

Maybe you can check if the event that are supposed to happen are there - then for sure it is my code :-(

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working with Panda88 and running 4.4 for a few days, and 4.3 before that. I'll let Panda88 elaborate on what was changed but I think the problem of "it works and then it doesn't" should in general be solved. There is still a related issue to be solved but Panda88 is aware of it and working on it.

• Like 1

Correct - most changes are related to the connection to Yolink - as mentioned I am still waiting to hear the best way to know if the connection to Yolink is still active or just appear to work - I have not heard back yet on this one, but released 0.4.4 as it does improve connection stability 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:23 AM, Panda88 said:

Correct - most changes are related to the connection to Yolink - as mentioned I am still waiting to hear the best way to know if the connection to Yolink is still active or just appear to work - I have not heard back yet on this one, but released 0.4.4 as it does improve connection stability 

Hey @Panda88, all seems to be working great!  If you decide to charge for it, happy to buy, in any case thanks for all your hard work!

If you are somewhat knowledgeable about networking, look for something getting restarted, such as a router, cable modem, access point, etc. I trace my problem to a 30-minute TCP connection timeout setting in my router which caused YoLink to stop working after 30 minutes because it could no longer talk to the YoLink cloud server. Working with Panda88, he changed the NS to renew the connection every 10 seconds which solved my problem except for the case when something truly breaks the connection, like my ISP going down or a power failure taking down a piece of the network infrastructure. Panda88 is now trying to figure out how to detect a lost connection, rather than simply renewing it, so he can reestablish the connection. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jkraus said:

@Panda88, did you give up?  I was looking forward to a new drop, but maybe it is just too difficult?

I have not given up - I am travelling and will not be back until early August - I have some code ready but need to test it locally so it will have to wait until I am back 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, thanks for developing this, now I can actually play music on my Sonos when the Yolink mailbox sensor activates.

This may be the issue you are working on, but 24 hours ago the node server did not detect a motion event, so I restarted the Node server. Then it did detect it, but now it's back to not detecting again. If there is any log info I can provide that would help, glad to do it. I have a Yolink hub with firmware version 0323 connected via wifi and am running IoP with firmware 5.4.4. If it would help I could try connecting the hub to Ethernet.

Hi

I have been working on some improvements (keep fingers crossed) - I believe the issue is the same as I have been trying to fix  - but have been travelling lately - I'll try to fixes once back next week and then release once my local build seems to work 

Edited by Panda88

Thanks. I assume there is no workaround in the meantime (e.g., use Ethernet instead of wifi)? It's probably a good thing until the dogs get used to hearing "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". They now know it's the mailman and one of them goes to the window to bark at him before he gets to our nextdoor neighbor's house.

Just now, landolfi said:

Thanks. I assume there is no workaround in the meantime (e.g., use Ethernet instead of wifi)? It's probably a good thing until the dogs get used to hearing "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". They now know it's the mailman and one of them goes to the window to bark at him before he gets to our nextdoor neighbor's house.

Not that I am aware of - it appears the YoLink is loosing the connection - I am trying to discoven when it happens and reconnect 

2 hours ago, landolfi said:

This may be the issue you are working on, but 24 hours ago the node server did not detect a motion event, so I restarted the Node server. Then it did detect it, but now it's back to not detecting again. ...

The issue likely has nothing to do with the hub or how it is connected. The issue is likely that the NS needs a connection to the YoLink server running on an Amazon hosted server, which is what Panda88 is referring to. The NS keeps the connection alive but cannot currently detect when it is lost. Restarting the NS reestablishes that connection. Anything that would break the connection, like a router reboot, ISP down, power failure, etc. is likely the source of the problem. Every morning I look at my router to see if the connection is still there and if not, restart the NS. It is a TCP connection to port :8003.