Enbrighten/GE/Jasco 26931 Motion Sensor / Switch Question

JTsao

Can anyone explain why the following program never triggers when I manually press the ON button on an Enbrighten 26931 Motion Sensor/On/Off switch?

If
        'Kitchen / Devices / Kitchen Floodlight Sw ZW010' is switched On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Jeff Text' content 'Kitchen Switch ON'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The switch ON in the If statement never triggers, however, the status in the IoP is correct - anyone?  Is this a bug?

I've have a dimmer, and used the node "Motion Sensor 1" in the "If" stanza, and it works.  I haven't tried it with the relay switch, but it has the same nodes, so I suppose it works.

Office Notification - [ID 0124][Parent 000F]

If
        From     8:00:00AM on 2022/06/13
        To       5:00:00PM on 2022/06/17
    And 'Devices / dirOffice / ZW 009 Office Motion Switch / ZW 009 Motion Sensor 1' Status is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Notify' content 'Office Light On'

Else

2 hours ago, JTsao said:

Can anyone explain why the following program never triggers when I manually press the ON button on an Enbrighten 26931 Motion Sensor/On/Off switch?

If
        'Kitchen / Devices / Kitchen Floodlight Sw ZW010' is switched On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Jeff Text' content 'Kitchen Switch ON'

Else

The switch ON in the If statement never triggers, however, the status in the IoP is correct - anyone?  Is this a bug?

Just a thought, as a test, add something to the else statement. Maybe the notification isn’t working. 
Not likely but something I would try. 

Unfortunately, some zwave switches do not trigger program “switched on” coditions, including ge/jasco.  “Status” conditions might work.  I recall, also, that one might be able to create a node for this switch that DOES respond to switced conditions.  I fear, however, that this may be a downside risk with zwave devices.

I have an Enbrighten switch (no motion sensor) in another location and it does trigger a program with the switched on condition but the 26931 definitely does not - this is causing a problem because the 26931 controls the actual load = floodlights for a scene containing two Insteon switches and the 26931 - turning the Insteon switches on correctly turns the scene on - including the. 26931 - turning the 26931 on manually will turn on the lights but the Insteon switches don’t turn on because the program won’t trigger - I don’t expect the zwave device to properly act as a scene controller in this capacity so I was doing things with a program to control the scene but apparently the program won’t trigger for some reason - although the IoP does see the proper state of the 26931 - so shouldn’t the IoP be able to detect the switched on transition?

FWIW I think I have a workaround for this device -

The 26931 has two logical switch devices, in my case they are ZW010 On Off Switch and ZW010.1 On Off Switch - both control the lights in a manner where the most recent On or Off from either device will set the light state, even if the two switches are in different states - the ZW010 On Off Switch is associated with the physical on off buttons, whereas the ZW010.1 On Off Switch is not - therefore, I can use the "status" of the ZW010 On Off switch, in conjunction with some programs and a state variable to control the scene properly - the ZW010.1 On Off switch is in the scene, the ZW010 switch is not, but its status is checked to run a program to control the scene - the ZW010 motion sensor is also checked to control the scene

I still don't understand why the IoP can't interpret the transition in the ZW010 on off switch as "switched on or off" so that programs will trigger

Archived