Firmware 2.7.10 ALPHA Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Michel,

Thanks for the quick reply...

You are correct on the ramp rate...I rebooted the devices and all is correct. Don't remember having to do this in the past, but as I get more into this, I begin to notice new things.

I tried to reinstall the cert, but still get the error. Do I need to generate a new certificate to install? When I try to do this, it states that it is installed correctly, but the Java console does not reboot. Will try again and let you know if working.

Thanks for clearing up the event viewer code.

I like it!

I've been a user for about 4 months, but never upgraded my firmware. I'd like to get current, but there seems to be so many changes, I can't find a version that will load without error. Please help.

Hello donkur,

Any version should load without error. Be sure you have the correct file (99i/26) and use a PC that is wired to the same router/switch as the ISY. You may need to disable your firewall software.

Rand

They are all hanging at some point. Version 2.7.10 hangs on install at "Installing: WEB/udiws20.ws or at WEB/fp.jar" and says"Upgrade Failed: Invalid Length" and "Upgrade Failed: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Seems like a Java issue on my machine, but i don't know where to go next. I loaded the newer java install from the icon on the desktop, but they never go away. Could be linked, but not sure.

donkur...

I had similar issues in the past. It was my "norton internet security" application. I had to disable it to be able to do successful upgrade.

I also generally use a hardwired connection as on one occasion, the wireless gave me issues.

Hope this helps...

BTW, I was using XP-Pro and Norton Internet Security 2008 when I had issues .

donkur...

I had similar issues in the past. It was my "norton internet security" application. I had to disable it to be able to do successful upgrade.

I also generally use a hardwired connection as on one occasion, the wireless gave me issues.

Hope this helps...

BTW, I was using XP-Pro and Norton Internet Security 2008 when I had issues .

Thanks! I'm using McAffee, but have it disabled. I'll try and dig into that some more. I did get an error log when Java dumped me out of the administrator console when I went to configuration. I'm sure it something related, but I'm not a Java expert.

Hi donkur,

Please try the following:

1. Use https://your.isy.ip.address instead of http ... this might sometimes be able to trick some anti virus software

2. If 1 failed, please take a look at this post: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=179

Hi gfridland, thanks so very much for the update.

With kind regards,

Michel

Why such the rush to get past 2.7.10?

I believe that it's because of this:

The issue with Motion Sensor (most i2 devices) have been verified and is now fixed in 2.7.11.

The issue with EZX10RF is still under investigation.

The issue with right mouse clicking a selection has been verified and shall be fixed.

FYI, I upgraded my ISY99i from 2.7.9 to 2.7.10 and everything seems to be working fine, including v2 thermostat adapter which was added during 2.7.9. I did not need to restore from a pre-2.7.9 backup.

So far so good!

-Jeff

I love the little green icons telling me what's writing, what's written, and what's failed to write!

I would, however, prefer the icons to be different colors rather than the numbers that are in the boxes - I can't read them very well.

mark

Something is up with the KPL link writing in this version.

I have two KPL's that have not caused me any trouble so far. In this version I get 'failed to write device link' and 'failed to read device link' on them. I just finished removing all the scene memberships from one in the hope that it may be something was corrupt. But now with that one gone it's simply moved the issue to another one. I don't want to keep removing all my links.

I've hard reset the KPL's several times and now I've removed one from ISY and am trying to add it back in but the add device routine runs way too long - as if it was having trouble finding the device - then it added a scene by the name that I gave the device and didn't add the device at all.

The one that the problem 'moved to' now has 'writing' icons attached but it won't write. I've tried hitting 'write updates' but I get the 'failed to write device link' error which I didn't get yesterday. I've tried a restore on this one but all I get it a bunch of 1011 icons attached and when I try to write the updates I get the 'failed to write' error again.

I suppose it could be these KPL's but it seems a bit suspect.

mark

Hi Mark,

I would have to agree with you that the likelihood of having to defective KPLs (and all of a sudden) is low.

May I ask more questions?

1. Did you add these KPLs/linkages in 2.7.9?

2. When you upgraded to 2.7.10, did you remove them and add them back?

3. When you click on the write update to device, on Event Viewer (level 3), do you see INST-ACK followed by INST-SRX? OR, do you see 3 or more INST-ACK not followed by any INST-SRX?

#3 is very important in helping us diagnose the problem. If you do not see any INST-SRXs, then it means that either the device is NOT responding OR that somehow the response is getting lost from the KPL to the PLM. In that case, have you recently moved your PLM? What's the load connected to the KPL? What happens if you retry with the load OFF?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Mark,

I would have to agree with you that the likelihood of having to defective KPLs (and all of a sudden) is low.

May I ask more questions?

1. Did you add these KPLs/linkages in 2.7.9?

2. When you upgraded to 2.7.10, did you remove them and add them back?

3. When you click on the write update to device, on Event Viewer (level 3), do you see INST-ACK followed by INST-SRX? OR, do you see 3 or more INST-ACK not followed by any INST-SRX?

#3 is very important in helping us diagnose the problem. If you do not see any INST-SRXs, then it means that either the device is NOT responding OR that somehow the response is getting lost from the KPL to the PLM. In that case, have you recently moved your PLM? What's the load connected to the KPL? What happens if you retry with the load OFF?

With kind regards,

Michel

The links were all created prior to 2.7.9, though they were all rewritten as part of a restore WITH 2.7.9 - so I guess for your purposes the answer would be yes - they were written with 2.7.9

When I switched to 2.7.10 yes - I hard reset and performed a restore

I've attached the entire event view of the attempt to restore with 2.7.10 that ends with 'fail to write device link' below. Sorry if there's extra information there - my lunch was burning and when I came back it had already finished so there may be some extra lines.

2zezg5d.jpg

2f07in5.jpg

I have noticed an interesting situation in 2.7.10 while trying to create programs:

1. I first log into the Java console, everything works as it should.

2. Navigate to the "program details" tab

3. I get a quich flash from a progress window and am now int the program window.

4. I click on create new program..."New Program" is created in the program list.

5. I make changes, etc...and save changes...all good.

6. Now...I try to create another "New Program" by clicking on the New Program button...nothing happens.

7. Itry to create a new program form the left click drop down menu...same nothing happens.

8. I go to the "Program Summary" tab and I see two new unsaved programs in the list after refresh

9. I go back to the Program Details and don't see the programs (save or unsaved)

I log out, clear java cache, log back in and can repeat about 50% of time.

All other functions continue to work and update including device status, program refresh, etc.

I have used both XP-Pro and Windows 7 64 bit with similar results.

Thanks for reading!!!

wow!

Something REALLY crappy just happened.

I just got my first remotelinc and installed it. The installation ran for what seemed like an age. Now that it's done I can no longer control ANY of the lights in the room that the remotelinc was set to control just one of the lights in. I can't even restore it the KPL it should have linked to.

I can't tell you if this is 2.7.10 or what as this is my first remotelinc.

I'm going to play for a while but I've tried restoring the devices or restoring the links between the light and the controller - neither works. I may have to go back to a backup

mark

Mark,

Please do NOT restore your devices. This is not device related nor ISY related. This is signal related especially if your RL is not linked to anything else. The main question is: did you add an access point in the room where the RL is supposed to reside? If so, just remove it. If you have changed the location of any of your access points, just go back to the original topology.

With kind regards,

Michel

PS. All my emails to you bounced back.

wow!

Something REALLY crappy just happened.

I just got my first remotelinc and installed it. The installation ran for what seemed like an age. Now that it's done I can no longer control ANY of the lights in the room that the remotelinc was set to control just one of the lights in. I can't even restore it the KPL it should have linked to.

I can't tell you if this is 2.7.10 or what as this is my first remotelinc.

I'm going to play for a while but I've tried restoring the devices or restoring the links between the light and the controller - neither works. I may have to go back to a backup

mark

Archived