Alexa to work with the Polisy IoP on 5.4.4

@EMercado Also, check the Alexa App for devices to see if they appear there. There's also a way to check from a website by going to https://alexa.amazon.com/ and the clicking on "Smart Home" -> "Devices". You should see the things you have setup in the Portal in this list and should show "ISY Device address" under the device name.

If you don't have devices showing up on the Alexa app or on the website then @Athlon is probably correct that you haven't enabled the ISY skill for Alexa to fully complete the connection. 

Alexa skill information:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration_V3

sometimes it can take a while for the devices to show up (24 hrs) and need to tell alexa to find devices inthe app.   I'm running IoP and alexa devices working fine,  if you have the alexa phone app should be able to see under devices.

Just setup some variables with IoP and alexa, (took awhile to showup). Between using variables and light switches as alarms in polglot alexa and then routines in the alexa app, have been able to get my ring devices connected to IoP without the rink node server.  

-door bell ring send to IoP to flash lights when bell rings

- control of outside camera spot lights from insteon wall switch in garage  for manual control

- connected ring bridge lights to IoP

Took a bit of learning (the ring camera light ) but in the end all works and response is very quick.

You may also want to check the following in the Admin Console.

Voice (Alexa) does not work or well if the ramp rate for your device(s) is not at 0.1 seconds

If necessary query your devices.

1.png.f116e3269890f443f673b25ae438e3ee.png

been using this for over 4 months.

I also have a schedule setup to query all my devices.

When I moved over to Polisy IOP I had no delay when I discovered devices.

Edited by kalman8
addition
15 hours ago, EricBarish said:

sometimes it can take a while for the devices to show up (24 hrs) and need to tell alexa to find devices inthe app. 

@EricBarish I've never had this experience. If you're setting it up in ISY Portal and then instruct Alexa to discover devices it's instant. I don't use variables, but for any device (ISY, Hue, Kasa, or Wireless Tags) I've never had to wait 24 hours for them to show up in Alexa. 

Setup the device through my.isy.io.

"<echo wake word>, discover devices"

couple of minutes later all devices are added to Alexa. 

Can confirm in Alexa app and on alexa.amazon.com -> Smart Home -> Devices

If you're having to wait 24 hours for a device to "show up" on the Alexa app then you are having service issues.

Hopefully @EMercado will let us know what fixes this. I think @Athlon identified the issue that the Alexa Skill wasn't enabled (and linked). Makes the most sense. 

11 hours ago, kalman8 said:

Voice (Alexa) does not work or well if the ramp rate for your device(s) is not at 0.1 seconds

Also an oddity that I've not experienced, and I have several devices that have ramp rate about 1-2 seconds at various times of day. Perhaps you should review that further. If you have issues, and it's troubling to your setup you should start a thread in the Echo area of the forums and tag @bmercier as he's been the primary one to review ISY & Echo issues. 

Geddy:

I live in SW Fl and we have frequent power issues.

I have my Polisy and network items on backups.

In rare cases the backups run out when this occurs  Polisy or previous ISY994i reboots, the Admin Console shows the ramp rate at 9 minutes. This prevents Voice from working because of the long delay.

When I query devices they all go back to 0.1 seconds and then they all work fine.

I run a query daily to look and adjust that time if necessary.