ISY99i errors out on Enabling Internet

mgreene

The ISY does not complete the process and errors out. I have manually forwarded the port for the ISY in my DLink DIR-130 and internet access actually works fine, but the ISY does not seem to know this. Running 2.7. I am also using iLink Pro on an iPhone which also works fine, especially now the program supports more than one ISY and can connect internal/external.

Why won't the ISY perform the connection?

I checked my port forwarding on my router and 443 is forwarded for my HP Home Server. I had been successful in enabling my internet before I installed the PLM 4212S and was using the 4213S which I returned. Now when I try to set the web server access ports via telnet or the configuration manager I get an error. I hadn't made any changes to my system but it still won't work. Since Port 443 is already being used for my home server, what do you suggest. Its funny that when I first installed the ISY, I did nothing more than select the enable internet under the file menu and it work perfectly. Now it doesn't. Please advise what I should do.

Mike Earnhardt

I checked my port forwarding on my router and 443 is forwarded for my HP Home Server. I had been successful in enabling my internet before I installed the PLM 4212S and was using the 4213S which I returned. Now when I try to set the web server access ports via telnet or the configuration manager I get an error. I hadn't made any changes to my system but it still won't work. Since Port 443 is already being used for my home server, what do you suggest. Its funny that when I first installed the ISY, I did nothing more than select the enable internet under the file menu and it work perfectly. Now it doesn't. Please advise what I should do.

Mike Earnhardt

Hi Mike,

Have you used Disable Internet Access?

Then change the port number for HTTPS. After the ISY reboots Enable Internet Access.

Rand

I tried disabling the internet via telnet and received the following response:

LOGGER:-80008: n=[null] c=[null] a=[null]

H_ERROR:-80008 :

No Internet Gateway found.

Then the message on the webpage "Unable to enable the internet".

Now what should I do?

Mike Earnhardt

Hello Mr. Earnhardt,

Please note that File | Enable Internet Access tries to configure UPnP enabled routers. It seems that you do not have an UPnP enabled router and thus the issue.

Actually, it's much safer and more robust if the port forwarding rules are created manually in your router. This way, the settings persists even if the router is rebooted. The procedure is usually very simple:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... o_Your_ISY

With kind regards,

Michel

I tried disabling the internet via telnet and received the following response:

LOGGER:-80008: n=[null] c=[null] a=[null]

H_ERROR:-80008 :

No Internet Gateway found.

Then the message on the webpage "Unable to enable the internet".

Now what should I do?

Mike Earnhardt

I am still unable to enable internet as I keep getting a message that the ISY can't find the gateway. I realize now that when I open the configuration screen that it doesn't display all of the information such as climate or networking. I no longer have an option to select either DHCP or enter the network parameters which I did when I first installed the ISY and it worked right out the box (including enabling the internet) without having to change any settings on my router, which is a Linksys router which does support upnp port forwarding. I thought that upgrading the 2.7.7 would fix things and I even did a factory reset and still no luck.

mearnhardt,

As far as not seeing the other modules/configuration parameters, you will have to make sure to use either one of the following URLs (/99i would not work):

http://isy

http://your.isy.ip.address

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.7

As far as enabling Internet Access, please note that UPnP is not very reliable. If you could enable Internet Access before but can't anymore, may I humbly suggest try rebooting your router?

With kind regards,

Michel

I am still unable to enable internet as I keep getting a message that the ISY can't find the gateway. I realize now that when I open the configuration screen that it doesn't display all of the information such as climate or networking. I no longer have an option to select either DHCP or enter the network parameters which I did when I first installed the ISY and it worked right out the box (including enabling the internet) without having to change any settings on my router, which is a Linksys router which does support upnp port forwarding. I thought that upgrading the 2.7.7 would fix things and I even did a factory reset and still no luck.