Z-wave devices stop working after PG3 update

4 hours ago, wmcneil said:

@asbril, did you ever get resolution of your problem? I am experiencing a complete loss of ZWAVE communication after having upgraded to PG3 3.1.12 . I have tried power several soft reboots, and a power cycle reboot of the polisy box to no avail. 

Thank G'd I have not had this issue for several weeks and I don't really know what the cause was (is). All I know that all 3 times, it was resolved after numerous reboots.

I still have this problem after I reboot Polisy it takes several hours for programs and Z-Wave items to start working again. But fingers crossed so far it comes back on it's own, so I just try not to reboot unless totally necessary which I had to do about one week ago.

20 hours ago, asbril said:

Thank G'd I have not had this issue for several weeks and I don't really know what the cause was (is). All I know that all 3 times, it was resolved after numerous reboots.

Thanks for the update....There have been many, many soft and hard reboots done as myself and the UD folks have tried to debug the problem. No luck so far.  Current theory is that the Zooz 700 is corrupted in some way. 

19 hours ago, tazman said:

I still have this problem after I reboot Polisy it takes several hours for programs and Z-Wave items to start working again. But fingers crossed so far it comes back on it's own, so I just try not to reboot unless totally necessary which I had to do about one week ago.

Since the problem is eventually resolving, perhaps it is a blocking or capacity problem that is eventually working itself out. 

29 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

Since the problem is eventually resolving, perhaps it is a blocking or capacity problem that is eventually working itself out.

It's possible because Z-Wave is only started after programs are initialized and run. If you feel like it,

1. sudo service isy stop
2. sudo mv /var/isy/FILES/CONF /var/isy/FILES/CONF.GOOD
3. sudo service isy start
4. Admin Console | Configuration | Check Z-Wave Support, Save, Restart IoP

Does the Z-Wave menu come back up?

With kind regards,
Michel

4 hours ago, wmcneil said:

Thanks for the update....There have been many, many soft and hard reboots done as myself and the UD folks have tried to debug the problem. No luck so far.  Current theory is that the Zooz 700 is corrupted in some way. 

It could well be the Zooz 700 dongle. I hope that it will hold until I get the UD new Z-Matter board.