Default email not working?

johnmsch
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

This is, in part, a continuation of the topic Gmail Stopped Working which is closed.

In the Admin Console under Configuration -> Emails/Notifications -> Settings/Groups tab, I have been unable to get the checkbox Use Default to work.  I have a program that runs every night at midnight to send me an email of the status of my ISY994i.  Is anyone using this successfully?  Is there anything else that needs to be configured after checking that box?  Where would I find the log file showing what is happening in the ISY at midnight each night?  Other than trying to update the email settings last year when gmail stopped working, I haven't really touched the ISY in a few years, so I'm quite rusty.

The reason I'm trying that to use that default is that I never was able to get the email to work with my Comcast credentials, even with the generous help from @MrBill.  I must be missing some setting there.

One other thing I tried was using another ISP's server.  That gives me an error regarding TLS when I hit the Test button.  It would appear that v5.3.0 uses TLS v1.0 or maybe 1.1.  Will upgrading to v5.3.4 fix this?  Does that newer version use TLS 1.2?

I've been debating upgrading to 5.3.4 for a while, but given that everything runs so smoothly with 5.3.0, there was never a reason to upgrade.  If I can just get emails to send from the ISY, that would be worth the upgrade to me.

Thanks for any tips you guys have