PLM Dead, maybe not

jim_
Go to solution Solved by jim_,

• Solution

Just FYI, with PLM's none existent,  the fear is one of my three I have in service will die ... and the call came today from my kid ... ISY is dead 

Did normal reset etc ... PLM status showed NOT connected.  

Brought it to my house and tried several more resets, same status, ISY showed no PLM connected. Cracked the case and checked the capacitors, they all look good. 

A few years back I had my own failure, and read somewhere to reset the PLM x 3 in a row ... holding the reset a little longer after the buzzer stopped ... so I did and with luck this PLM works again :-)

Not sure if its on its last legs, but hopefully it lasts until PLM's are back in stock 

Just thought I would post this for anyone else who might have a "questionable" PLM ... its worth the extra few minutes to try 

• Like 2

@jim_ Glad you got it working again. There's also been numerous reports about a repair service that somebody is offering on ebay that has had good results if you're not able to repair it yourself. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/nilachidatasystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

There's hope for the PLM though. In the Insteon area here the link to the most recent "Lunch with Insteon" showed an expected date of March 2023 for the product to return to inventory. Fingers crossed, in a few months PLM might be available from Insteon again.

• Like 1