ISY944i stopped working after power failure

fahrvergnuugen

My ISY944i stopped working after a power failure. I tried two different 5v 1A power supplies as I know this is a common failure, but the ISY is not pingable and none of my programs are reacting to insteon traffic. When I power it on, the power light is lit as well as the link light on the switch, but no RX/TX and my network management software doesn't see the mac address as being connected. If I power it on with the SD card removed, the error light doesn't turn on either.

I have another ISY944i that someone gave me when they switched to Zwave. Can I swap the SD card over? Or is it only possible to recover from a backup (which I do not have)?

Edited by fahrvergnuugen
Just now, Michel Kohanim said:

@fahrvergnuugen,

The fact that the unit is not working after power outage tells me that perhaps the SD Card has also gone bad. So, short answer: at your own risk.

With kind regards,
Michel

Understood.

I put the SD card in a card reader and can read the directory structure. I also was able to make a full disk image back up of it.

I swapped the card into the other ISY. It booted up with the wrong IP address, but all of my programs and devices are listed. I changed the IP and rebooted again and everything seems to be working.

Time to get the scope out and see if I can figure out whats wrong with my original unit.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Brian H said:

If you have not done it yet.

The two LED's on the Network Jack on the ISY994i. May give you some information.

Both network LEDs light up. The link light stays on and the activity light blinks.

However with the micro SD card removed, the red error light doesn't turn on and neither do the Tx/Rx lights. On the other ISY I have the error light turns red when no SD card is inserted.

A bit perplexing.