KPL issue

aLf

After many years of no issues...

Tonight I found a KPL (2334-2) v.45 with a light turned on.  I turned out the light and tested all 8 buttons.  All buttons control scenes or other Insteon.  All worked as programmed.  I then noted that the lower unit LED was dim red.  As has been the practice years ago, I pulled out the reset switch/LED and waited a minute.  When I reset it the 8 buttons momentarily flashed and all lights/scenes were off as they should.  In about ten seconds the LED became a dim red and would intermittently flash bright green.  I checked the unit in ISY and all looks good.

What do I have going on?

If i need to replace it, I see that they are out of stock, any idea how long they'll be?

Thanks

Edited by aLf

I just factory reset (confirmed that all scenes were removed), I then restored the device and confirmed all scenes were operational.  The LED flashes green upon each subsequent button push, and each scene works properly.  However, when at resting (all off), the LED is a faint red.  What is this telling me?

16 minutes ago, aLf said:

However, when at resting (all off), the LED is a faint red.  What is this telling me?

First off - relocated this post to the Insteon forums. Was in the portal area for some reason and had no comment about portal impact. 

I think I'd email Insteon Support (support@insteon.com) and ask them that question. It's possible it's just light bleed/reflection from room light if it's faint. Are there no other LEDs activated on the switch? 

Glad it at least works as expected. But I think Insteon Support would be best able to tell you if what you're seeing is normal or cause for concern. 

47 minutes ago, aLf said:

I just factory reset (confirmed that all scenes were removed), I then restored the device and confirmed all scenes were operational.  The LED flashes green upon each subsequent button push, and each scene works properly.  However, when at resting (all off), the LED is a faint red.  What is this telling me?

If the red led blinks when you push a KPL button it means that one of the responders didn't acknowledge the message. If it flashes green that means that the responder(s) acknowledged the message

If it's just a faint red while the KPL is idle I would just ignore it and move on.

2 hours ago, aLf said:

It's not telling anything. Depending on angle you see that in most of them.