PLM Failed now what?

trevorst

My PLM failed yesterday so I am interested in what my options are going forward. I have a mixed environment of Insteon and Zwave switches and sensors. I don’t have a huge installation and the split is about even but the Insteon devices are in the most useful places as they were the first ones installed.  I don’t mind a split environment so I guess I am looking for my options in replacing the Insteon switches and a couple of door sensors. I do have a Polisy also.

I would really appreciate any advice and ideas you have.

• Sad 1

Check out the Insteon website. They're under new ownership and starting to manufacture again. I don't know what the status is for PLMs.

Here's a link to their Forum.

https://forum.insteon.com/

More USB PLM in Q1 2023.

USB Modem Interface (PLM) – Insteon

Edited by vbphil
added PLM info

3 minutes ago, trevorst said:

vbphil, tmorse305 Thanks for your replies I will keep both solutions in mind but I don't know if I want to put up with a product that keeps failing. I'll wait and see what other options I have before making a decision.

I'm still using my original serial PLM from many years ago. I'll probably buy a spare USB when they become available. I'm like you with mostly Insteon from my x10 migration and just lately experimenting with z-wave. Not sure where I'll finally land, probably just a mix unless I see a real new beginning with Insteon I'll leave them completely by attrition.

4 hours ago, vbphil said:

I'm still using my original serial PLM from many years ago. I'll probably buy a spare USB when they become available. I'm like you with mostly Insteon from my x10 migration and just lately experimenting with z-wave. Not sure where I'll finally land, probably just a mix unless I see a real new beginning with Insteon I'll leave them completely by attrition.

Unfortunately this is my third PLM so I am tired of them, so I may just move on. Would like to stick with ISY/Polisy for controlling.