ST-Sonos Node Server "Failed"

Ross
Go to solution Solved by Ross,

6 hours ago, auger66 said:

Unfortunately, I have this happen every two weeks or so. A restart of the Sonos node server always gets it going again for me.

When I restart (or stop/start - I've tried both), it says Connected for about 3 seconds and then goes back to Failed.  It doesn't appear that anything can be done in Configuration as I have no entries there.

I suppose I can uninstall/install the NS.  I believe I can do it in the same slot and programs won't be affected.  I'll see if anyone chimes in.  I've worked with @simplextech before and he's been very responsive.  This can wait until after the holidays.  

4 hours ago, Ross said:

I suppose I can uninstall/install the NS.  I believe I can do it in the same slot and programs won't be affected.  I'll see if anyone chimes in. 

In order to get the latest version, I had go through the uninstall/install process, but I found that you don't have to uninstall it at all.  You can reinstall it in the same slot as the current installation. 

Go through the install process, and at the final screen you have the option to install it in the same place it's already installed.  See screenshot.

That might fix it.  There weren't any negative consequences to me.

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 11.02.44 AM.png

• Like 1

Just an update on ST-Sonos Failed.

I uninstalled it completely last night and then reinstalled it this morning (trying the old off-and-on technique).  Same issue - Failed after a few seconds.

I clicked on Download Log and Download Log Package (I'm not sure of the difference) and attached them here.

A recurring theme in the logs are:  "error:  POLY:  Node e1c98da not found".

Maybe I should install it in a different slot?

Thank you for any assistance,

Ross

ST-Sonos_12-28-2022_73451-AM.zip ST-Sonos_12-28-2022_73443-AM.zip

On 12/28/2022 at 10:41 AM, Ross said:

Just an update on ST-Sonos Failed.

I uninstalled it completely last night and then reinstalled it this morning (trying the old off-and-on technique).  Same issue - Failed after a few seconds.

I clicked on Download Log and Download Log Package (I'm not sure of the difference) and attached them here.

A recurring theme in the logs are:  "error:  POLY:  Node e1c98da not found".

Maybe I should install it in a different slot?

Thank you for any assistance,

Ross

ST-Sonos_12-28-2022_73451-AM.zip 38.51 kB · 0 downloads ST-Sonos_12-28-2022_73443-AM.zip 878 B · 0 downloads

Thanks for the log packages and the first log.  I took a quick look at them and I have no freaking idea what is going on.  The node.js install is throwing errors for node modules that are not directly even in use by the Node Server. 

What version of PG3 are you running?

What version of Node.js is installed on your Polisy?  (From the command line ssh session) run "node -v" this will output the node.js version.

Top of my head says that something with Node.js is wonky.  Could be Node.js version installed and module compatibility or worst case the jishi node-sonos-http-api used by the node server has some serious compatibility issues with the node.js version.  Dunno yet.

2 hours ago, simplextech said:

Thanks for the log packages and the first log.  I took a quick look at them and I have no freaking idea what is going on.  The node.js install is throwing errors for node modules that are not directly even in use by the Node Server. 

What version of PG3 are you running?

What version of Node.js is installed on your Polisy?  (From the command line ssh session) run "node -v" this will output the node.js version.

Top of my head says that something with Node.js is wonky.  Could be Node.js version installed and module compatibility or worst case the jishi node-sonos-http-api used by the node server has some serious compatibility issues with the node.js version.  Dunno yet.

@simplextech I am running Polisy version 3.1.13 (front-end version is the same).  

I'll need to research how to SSH as I've never done that before.

I am attaching a log (not mine) that @auger66 posted back on May 9th in this thread:  The errors there 
"error: POLY: Node a0a654e not found" are similar to my errors; however, I'm not sure how it was resolved.

Thanks,

Ross

image.png

ST-sonos log.txt

• Solution

After upgrading Polisy, learning about putty, SSH-ing, Node.js among other things and researching forums about other node server "Failed" issues and sweating about this for a couple of days, I stumbled upon a great idea.

I unplugged and plugged back in my Sonos speakers and the node server worked again.

Happy New Year,

Ross

• Thanks 1