Is there way to make icon on/off only?

brians
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

In favourites, have many lights with default icon just want to press on/off, but if I press the bottom half of icon it pops up with another screen and I don't always want this. Is there an option to make the entire area turn on/off instead?

Edited by brians
2 hours ago, Techman said:

Is it possible to create a run widget for an "if" or "then" clause in a program?

That is the default behavior. It requires programs are enabled at startup in settings to get program status.

If only needing to trigger If/then/else/stop/ect command then a Widget of type Command can be used also.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to have an option for on/off toggle to have the commands sent as fast off/Fast on. Many Led lights have an issue with ramping and using the Fast commands eliminates the problem. Also is there plans to have zwave switches status added so they can be used in widgets. Thanks

Edited by trevorst
1 hour ago, trevorst said:

Would it be possible to have an option for on/off toggle to have the commands sent as fast off/Fast on. Many Led lights have an issue with ramping and using the Fast commands eliminates the problem. 

Does setting the ramp rate to the shortest interval correct the issue?  While not impossible linking the status automatically would be an issue. If setting the ramp rate does not work the app's custom toggle would work for this situation.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Favorite_Custom_Toggle

1 hour ago, trevorst said:

Also is there plans to have zwave switches status added so they can be used in widgets. Thanks

Yes

Thanks for the reply @Javi. No the shortest ramp does not work as I use a lot of Hue lights and they hate ramps of any kind. By custom toggle do you mean writing a program for each switch I have.? That is doable. A toggle type for programs that would automatically do a then for on and an else for off would streamline the process for us.

Appreciate your input.

Trevor

Edited by trevorst

The program would be If light is on, then turn off, else turn on.  This program would be the favorite command.  The light switch would be the the status node. The program must be disabled same as the linked example.

If you are on firmware 5.x you could also try adding the switch to a scene as a responder set the command to fast on, the off command will remain the same. Now use the scene in the app for toggle.   This should solve the fast on but would need testing to see if the off work in this case

18 minutes ago, Javi said:

The program would be If light is on, then turn off, else turn on.  This program would be the favorite command.  The light switch would be the the status node. The program must be disabled same as the linked example.

If you are on firmware 5.x you could also try adding the switch to a scene as a responder set the command to fast on, the off command will remain the same. Now use the scene in the app for toggle.   This should solve the fast on but would need testing to see if the off work in this case

Thanks that gives me the options I need, don’t know why I didn’t see them 😱