Thermostat Adapter Update

matapan

Does anyone know if the new Insteon thermostat adapter update clears up any issues with using the Venstar Thermostat with an ISY controller?

Specifically, does ISY's admin console always display the most up to date thermostat settings when it is brought up?

Is there still a requirement to change the thermostat mode out of Program to manual setting to adjust a setpoint beyond the preset one for the time of day?

These were some of what I consider to be the glaring deficiencies of the adapter in v.1.0.

Specifically, does ISY's admin console always display the most up to date thermostat settings when it is brought up?

The adaptor updates ISY whenever there is a change in temperature or humidity (if you have it), I've checked it and also examined the log and haven't noticed any discrepancies.

Is there still a requirement to change the thermostat mode out of Program to manual setting to adjust a setpoint beyond the preset one for the time of day?

It seems like this is a feature of the thermostat, not a deficiency. If you are using ISY to control a setpoint what is the problem with programatically changing the thermostat to Heat or Cool mode first. Perhaps you can give an example of what you are trying to achieve.

I would say though that its very stable, and hasn't missed a beat in quite a while.

Archived