Can't connect on eisy

garybixler
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

18 hours ago, garybixler said:

After moving the NS to PG3x on the new eisy I am getting this error after having to reinstall the NS several times. It install but won't connect. Looks like a handshaking error. I attached the log.

Thanks

Node servers.txt 8.96 kB · 5 downloads

iTach does not use SSL and the errors look like PG3 MQTT connection issue. Is IoX updated to the latest firmware?   

I am also seeing PG3 connection issues on 5.5.0, but need to keep eisy on this version to test package upgrades in UD Mobile.   Maybe @bpwwer can check the log file.

Ok, thanks.  Let's see if @bpwwer has any suggestions as the it appears to be an internal communication issue.

2023-01-04 16:59:50,269 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING  interface:send: MQTT Send waiting on connection :: {'set': [{'address': 'itachir', 'driver': 'ST', 'value': '1', 'uom': 2}]}
2023-01-04 16:59:50,269 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING  interface:send: MQTT Send waiting on connection :: {'set': [{'address': 'itachir', 'driver': 'ST', 'value': '1', 'uom': 2}]}
2023-01-04 16:59:50,312 Interface  udi_interface.interface ERROR    interface:_startMqtt: MQTT Connection SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1134), Will retry in a few seconds.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_9/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 426, in _startMqtt
    self._mqttc.loop_forever()
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_9/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 1742, in loop_forever
    self.reconnect()
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_9/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 1073, in reconnect
    sock.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/ssl.py", line 1310, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()

Just upgraded PG3x to version 3.1.18 but am still getting the handshake errors.

2023-01-06 11:36:29,557 MainThread udi_interface.interface WARNING interface:send: MQTT Send waiting on connection :: {'getNsInfo': {}}

2023-01-06 11:36:29,569 Interface udi_interface.interface ERROR interface:_startMqtt: MQTT Connection SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1134), Will retry in a few seconds.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_9/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 426, in _startMqtt

self._mqttc.loop_forever()

File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_9/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 1742, in loop_forever

self.reconnect()

File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_9/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 1073, in reconnect

sock.do_handshake()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/ssl.py", line 1310, in do_handshake

self._sslobj.do_handshake()

ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1134)

I have the following installed.

WeatherLink:  Installed and working
VenstarCT:  Installed and working
WirelessTag:  Installed and working
Notification:  Installed and working
Wemo: Installed and working
WeatherBit:  Installed and working
Lifx:  Installed but won't discover bulbs
Bond:  Installed and working
TeslaEV:  Installed and working
AVRemote:  Installed and working
Elk:  Installed and working but commands (arming, etc) to ELK are very slow. 20 secs.
        Second command following the first is much faster. 
3 iTech:  They can be installed but won't connect.

Edited by garybixler

I was asking because all node servers use the same library code to make the MQTT connection. Since other node servers are installed and connecting, it's not something wrong at the library level and most likely something wrong related to that specific node server.   I don't know anything about the iTach node server but making the initial mqtt connection shouldn't be something that's easy to break.

Are you using Wi-FI to connect the eisy to your network?  If so, the Lifx node server may be incompatible with the current wi-fi implementation.

The eisy is connected using Ethernet. Before migrating to the eisy  from Polisy all node servers were working great. After the migration to eisy v 5.5.0 and PG3 3.1.16 all the servers loaded and connected and were working great except for ELK's  slow response and lIfx not being able to discover. After the eisy upgrade to 5.5.2 is when the iTech servers could no longer connect. PG3 upgrade to 3.1.17 made no difference. PG3 upgrade to 3.1.18 made no difference. I think that was the order of events. I did submit a ticket about the iTechs not connecting.  I think@Jimbo.Automates will be looking into the ELK this weekend. I also submitted the LiFX error log to @xKingin the LiFX forum. So all of my critical servers are working fine with the exception of the ELKs slow command response time.

Thanks

You have tried re-installing the iTach node server, right?  I don't remember if you mentioned that or not earlier in the thread.

The only reason I can think of for SSL errors would be if the certificate didn't get installed, re-installing should also re-install the certificate.

• Solution

I finally got around to trying it myself.  The problem is the node server is requiring a very old version of the interface module and that old module doesn't support PG3x MQTT.

@Javiin the requirements.txt you have udi_interface == 3.0.32.  Version 3.0.32 is a very old version of the file. The latest is 3.0.51.  You should probably use udi_interface => 3.0.51 and update the store entry version.

@garybixlerOnce the node server is updated to use the latest udi_interface, you'll need to do a re-install (note, not delete and install) for it to pick up the change.

• Thanks 1