Modifying a Keypadlinc without deleting all settings

beachfront71

Hello and thanks in advance.  I have 2 Keypadlinc's that I need to remove 1 buttons function that links to a lightswitch that is no longer in use..

Lets call the button to remove ---> KITCHEN LIGHTS

I can not figure out how to do this without wiping the whole Keypad and starting over.. When I go to delete the name of that button or disable it, all the other buttons are included in the request..

I have individually removed Kitchen lights from all scenes and then deleted the scene and the individual Kitchen Lights switch... But still have the Kitchen light button on the keypads I need to remove...

Again, thanks for any guidance.

Assuming the switch is still hooked up, you would want to remove the devices from the scenes they are included in included in, then delete the device no longer in use.  If the switch is not still hooked up it would be best to use a pigtail cord so that you can hook it up and then remove the links. 

Don't worry too much about what the ISY updates, it knows what it needs to do.

Thanks, and I have done all that.

The problem is when I look at my keypads in the ISY admin concole, the Kitchen Light is still on/assigned to both keypads.

If I right click and try to disable or delete, it wants to delete all the other button assignments on the keypad as well.

Edited by beachfront71
57 minutes ago, beachfront71 said:

The problem is when I look at my keypads in the ISY admin concole, the Kitchen Light is still on/assigned to both keypads.

then you didn't remove them from scene's.  Further more if  you have an All off button that included the switch the change may need to write too all all buttons.

removing something from a button means that you are deleting a relationship with a scene.

I did all of this ..  

If I have a 6 button KPL and want to remove Button D (Kitchen).

I go down to the scene called Kitchen lights and right click-remove from scene but Button D Kitchen lights is still in the keypad link grouping up top so I go the there and right click delete to remove the button ..

It then asks if you want to remove the ENTIRE KPL... 

Same with disable ... If I go to button D / Kiichen lights and right click disable .. it disables all the other buttons as well

23 minutes ago, beachfront71 said:

I did all of this ..  

If I have a 6 button KPL and want to remove Button D (Kitchen).

I go down to the scene called Kitchen lights and right click-remove from scene but Button D Kitchen lights is still in the keypad link grouping up top so I go the there and right click delete to remove the button ..

It then asks if you want to remove the ENTIRE KPL... 

Same with disable ... If I go to button D / Kiichen lights and right click disable .. it disables all the other buttons as well

What are you trying to do? You're not making sense! 

Keypad buttons will always be part of a keypad as they are 1 device. If you're trying to I group them then right click on the device and choose ungroup

sorry,, heres what I was trying to do:

I have a dead switchlinc  that I am not going to replace

The switch is part of a scene that also includes a button on a keypad linc to control the switch as well.

I removed the switch from my ISY dashboard but could not figure out how to remove the associated button on the KPL.

5 minutes ago, beachfront71 said:

sorry,, heres what I was trying to do:

I have a dead switchlinc  that I am not going to replace

The switch is part of a scene that also includes a button on a keypad linc to control the switch as well.

I removed the switch from my ISY dashboard but could not figure out how to remove the associated button on the KPL.

If the switch is part of the scene still, remove the switch from the scene. Factory reset the kpl, and then right click on the kpl and choose restore

• 3 weeks later...

You can't "remove" a button from the KPL in the Admin Console.  You can remove it from all scenes which will make the button non-functional (it will light on-off, but won't do anything else) - but it is always part of the KPL.

After removing it from any/all scenes it was part of, then just right-click on the button in the admin console and rename it to "D". 

Unused buttons on included KPL's still show in the Admin console - always.  Just name them somethign so you know they are unused.

Edited by Craigb
syntax