Polisy update from 5.4.4 to 5.5.2 failed

SSamuels
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Here is what I have tried and the results:

1.       Turned off Anti-Virus software on desktop and sign in to AC locally

2.      AC --> Help --> ‘Automatically upgrade ISY Nodes to 5.5.2’

3.       AC closes

4.       After 30 minutes – AC not available when launching ioX launcher

5.       Polisy shows left light solid green, middle and right lights blinking green

To get AC back I disconnect power from the Polisy. The Polisy reboots and AC is once again available from ioX launcher. Version shows 5.4.4

Any advice is appreciated.

PolisyAbout20230106.png

3 hours ago, 4481hoods said:

Should I update? Any noticable changes? Usng mostly Insteon. 

Personal preference as to upgrade or not.  Though honestly, many have seen that keeping the Polisy updated is better than falling behind and risking something breaking in a future update along the way.  

This update brings some bug fixes in general, so nothing too major (on the Insteon side) from reading the release info.  

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

keeping the Polisy updated is better than falling behind and risking something breaking in a future update along the way

Agree.  Twice now I've had to use SSH and sudo to get up to date, when I wouldn't have had to if I'd been installing every update as it became available.  But pick your poison.  I have no doubt both Polisy and eisy will reach a state where you can skip updates most of the time if you don't need the fixed functionality, like the 994i did.

• Like 1