Z-Wave devices not migrating after switching it eisy.

greensha

I have successfully migrated all my Insteon devices to the eisy from my old isy994i, but I don't see any of my Z-Wave devices.  I purchased the Z-Wave PLUS module in July 2021 from UD, so I am assuming it is a 994/500 Series board.

I followed the instructions in the wiki - I backed up my Z-Wave dongle, then backed up the isy.  I plugged the PLM into the eisy and restored the eisy.  I then checked the Z-Wave support box in the configuration menu, saved and then rebooted.  I have the Z-Wave menu now in the eisy.  I don't have any values for library or Z-Wave version when I look at the Z-Wave Version menu option.  On the 994, I was seeing Static Controller for the library and 6.82.01 for the Z-Wave Version.

Before I start messing around with other Z-Wave menu options and potentially screwing things up, is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thanks!

@greensha A little more information would help. You referenced the ISY 994 with a series 500 z-wave module, and also eisy, but you didn't mention the ZMatter USB dongle which adds z-wave support to the eisy.

For z-wave support on the eisy you will need to make sure the ZMatter USB dongle is plugged in.

In addition to what @kzboray mentioned, what is your ISY and UI firmware versions?

Your ISY Zwave version indicates that you have the 500 series board.

If you have the Zmatter dongle plugged into the eisy you should have a migration button option in the configuration tab. When you press that button it will give you 3 options, the middle one is the migration from the ISY 500 to the eisy Zmatter.

The ZMatter dongle is plugged into the eisy.  I think part of the problem might be that the ZMatter board isn't being recognised by the eisy.

The 994i firmware and UI versions are 5.3.3 and the eisy versions are 5.4.5.

I don't see a migration button option in the configuration tab.

I'm attaching some screenshots that may, or may not, be helpful.

Configuration Tab.png

Z-Wave Information.png

Z-Wave Version.png

5 hours ago, greensha said:

The ZMatter dongle is plugged into the eisy.  I think part of the problem might be that the ZMatter board isn't being recognised by the eisy.

The 994i firmware and UI versions are 5.3.3 and the eisy versions are 5.4.5.

I don't see a migration button option in the configuration tab.

I'm attaching some screenshots that may, or may not, be helpful.

Configuration Tab.png

Z-Wave Information.png

Z-Wave Version.png

If your eisy version is 5.4.5, it needs to be upgraded first. Run the package upgrade button on the configuration page. Be patient, as it may take awhile to fully upgrade.

If the button doesn't upgrade for you there are several posts describing a command to issue by ssh into eisy to start the upgrade process.

1 minute ago, DennisC said:

If your eisy version is 5.4.5, it needs to be upgraded first. Run the package upgrade button on the configuration page. Be patient, as it may take awhile to fully upgrade.

If the button doesn't upgrade for you there are several posts describing a command to issue by ssh into eisy to start the upgrade process.

Here is the post I mentioned:

I was able to upgrade the eisy to 5.5.2, but it only did the firmware and not the admin console.  I can access the admin console if I use the cloud option to launch the eisy.  I can't figure out how to update the admin console so I can launch it from the eisy.

When I launch the console from the cloud, I do see the migrate to ZMatter-Z-Wave button, but my Z-Wave dongle is not responding.  I see that other people are having similar issues, so I guess I'll have to wait until UD sort this out.

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, greensha said:

I was able to upgrade the eisy to 5.5.2, but it only did the firmware and not the admin console.  I can access the admin console if I use the cloud option to launch the eisy.  I can't figure out how to update the admin console so I can launch it from the eisy.

When I launch the console from the cloud, I do see the migrate to ZMatter-Z-Wave button, but my Z-Wave dongle is not responding.  I see that other people are having similar issues, so I guess I'll have to wait until UD sort this out.

Thank you!

Try clearing your Java cache and then download a fresh copy of iox launcher.