Home Assistant Integration Updates Coming...

shbatm

On 1/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, shbatm said:

Next month they'll all come in as number entities. The only thing that setting will control is which get enabled by default.

I'm confused by this. I'm using version core-2023.2.2. I'm reading back through this thread to understand the changes that were put in. Did I miss something or get out of order in the timeline?

My variables came over as numbers, but disabled, regardless of what value is in the Integration Config setting for Variable Sensor String.

1 hour ago, vbphil said:

My variables came over as numbers, but disabled, regardless of what value is in the Integration Config setting for Variable Sensor String.

Just enable the ones you want one by one by clicking on the entity and going to settings.

The config setting only effects the first time the entities are created, so if you changed the setting after the entities were created it won't go back and enable/disable variables that already existed (that's just a function of HA)

Edited by shbatm
20 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

Noticed this: if the nodes in eisy have not been queried (system reboot) then they are loaded as sensors until each one is queried and HA is restarted. 

Can you capture /rest/nodes and /rest/status in that scenario and post/send to me?

Does setting a full system query program to run at reboot fix the issue?

image.png.51e791ef45d639e61513f0d59cad889e.png

20 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

Can we load them as what they are and not assume that they are sensors?

Home Assistant's ISY integration doesn't "remember" anything about what type an entity is on each load. It sorts them based on the information provided from the ISY each time--that's the only dependable way to pick-up new (or purposefully changed) nodes, without creating a whole bunch of junk on the Home Assistant side.

Home Assistant stores the custom names and icons based on matching "(platform/type, isy994 domain, isy_mac__node_address)" combos after evertyhing is loaded, but if that node doesn't get sorted the same (or exist) on the next load, those remnants are removed. -- This part can be disabled (it's the old cleanup entities service), but leaves the issue of those remnants piling up. Disabling it this case would keep the preferences when you query and reload, but you'd end up with duplicate sensor entities with unknown states after a reboot.

11 hours ago, shbatm said:

Can you capture /rest/nodes and /rest/status in that scenario and post/send to me?

Does setting a full system query program to run at reboot fix the issue?

I can't confirm this.

However, I did just run the query due to the missing or not offered devices in the previous post.   Will confirm if that works or not.

1 hour ago, Mecheng70 said:

Just updated to 4.0.4 in HA and after reloading there are several devices that have the ? on the icon in the lovelace.

I'm following along with this thread and you confused me with this statement. What was updated to 4.0.4?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to have multiple ignores in the ignore string?. I currently use HomeBridge, but think HA with this plugin would be a better way to do moving forward. I usually don't rename extra zwave nodes so would ignore "zy ". I also have a few other keyboards I ignore.. I don't really feel like renaming all my devices to place "{IGNORE ME}" or whatever I change it to just for this, and multiple ignores would solve the issue.

51 minutes ago, brians said:

Is there a way to have multiple ignores in the ignore string?

No, but you can also ignore entire folders: I have "[i]" set as my string. I use rooms for my top-level folders and if there's things I don't want imported to HA, I add them to a subfolder named "[i]".

/Bedroom/Node 1 - imported

/Bedroom/[i]/Node 2 - not imported

You can also just Disable the node/devices individually inside Home Assistant.

Edited by shbatm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I updated to HA 2023.3.0 this morning and although I haven't noticed any operational issues, I did just see a couple things.

• The ISY integration is reporting that I have 699 entities. Looking at the entities list it now shows that a simple Insteon Applicance link on/off switch ends up with 6 entities. Wow! I'm not sure if that's related to the update.
  • I'm getting this warning in the system log:  
    The "isy994.reload" service is deprecated and will be removed in 2023.5.0; use the "homeassistant.reload_core_config" service and pass it a target entity ID of "this device"
    3:18:48 PM  (WARNING) Universal Devices ISY/IoX

I just noticed another error in the log:

• TemplateError('TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable') while processing template 'Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_022_energy_meter','total_energy_used')[:-3]}}")' for attribute '_attr_native_value' in entity 'sensor.bathroom_energy_used'

I have 4 z-wave switches that have an "energy used" attribute that I was capturing by template entries in the configuration yaml. I'm still getting data on my dashboard sensors displays but these errors are in the log for all 4 of the switches.

• Error while processing template: Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_023_energy_meter','total_energy_used')[:-3]}}")
  • Error while processing template: Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_022_energy_meter','total_energy_used')[:-3]}}")
  • Error while processing template: Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_005_energy_meter','total_energy_used')[:-3]}}")
  • Error while processing template: Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_026_energy_meter','total_energy_used')[:-3]}}")
  • Error while processing template: Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_027_temperature','temperature')[:-2]}}")

Any ideas what might be happening?

5 hours ago, vbPhil said:

Another update was released, 2023.3.1. All my error and warning messages went away. Go figure. Still have a huge number of entities, 699.

15 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

Another update was released, 2023.3.1. All my error and warning messages went away. Go figure. Still have a huge number of entities, 699.

You can hide them or just ignore them.  I have 500+ and hide a lot of them.  Don't think it's a big issue. 

13 hours ago, vbPhil said:
  • Error while processing template: Template("{{ state_attr('sensor.zy_027_temperature','temperature')[:-2]}}")

Try pasting into the Developer Tools > Template tab to see if you can get a better idea of what the error is.

• Thanks 1