Cut and Paste

aLf

I have a program that was wriiten for me (camera triggers). The gentleman on this site who wrote it, sent it in a .zip format. That .zip was uplaoded into the Network Module. I can't figure out a way to cut it back out to an editor so I can re-write it. I also tried "unzipping" the original file, but it won't open in regular unzip/open all. Does anyone know how to do that? If I just write a new script in an editor, how do you then paste it into the Network Module?

Thanks,

aLf

Michel:

Thanks. I have tried that and there seems too be no way to cut what is written there. What I'd like to do is cut it, paste it in a text editor where I can compare word for word with (what I think is the code for the new camera). If I highlight the code and right mouse, there is no option, tried Alt-x as well.

Tim

Michel:

I have the original .zip that was created for the rule. I've tried to "unzip" it and no luck. I'll send you that and you can see what you can do. Then if and when I can figure out the new code, I'll need to know how to "rezip" it and import.

I only wish I knew more about this stuff. Jets are much easier. I only need to know two things. 1) Keep the rubber side down and the painted side up, 2) Point it in the right direction and go like H**L!

Thanks for the help.

Tim

Hi Rand:

I'm an old Wheeling boy as well, Dundee & Wolf, 18 years ago!

Do you have any ideas on how to "capture" the code that is run in my cameras GUI. What I'm trying to accomplish is having ISY set the "Trigger" for motion on and off. Curerently ISY runs (perfectly) the trigger for the model 531, but I upgrade three cameras to 735 and the CGI Transfer code is different. I have access to the tech sheets and (think) I can get the new code written. BUT.... The code runs every time from their GUI and I can't figure out a way to capture the sent data, that would be so simple. If you can help, thanks.

aLf

Hi aLf,

You'll be glad to know Joe's Pizza and Jeffery Lanes are still here! So is Horcher's farm.

Sorry I can't help with your resource though.

Hi Rand:

I'm an old Wheeling boy as well, Dundee & Wolf, 18 years ago!

Do you have any ideas on how to "capture" the code that is run in my cameras GUI. What I'm trying to accomplish is having ISY set the "Trigger" for motion on and off. Curerently ISY runs (perfectly) the trigger for the model 531, but I upgrade three cameras to 735 and the CGI Transfer code is different. I have access to the tech sheets and (think) I can get the new code written. BUT.... The code runs every time from their GUI and I can't figure out a way to capture the sent data, that would be so simple. If you can help, thanks.

aLf

Archived