How to interact with Harmony Hub?

gldixon
Go to solution Solved by gldixon,

Is there any documentation explaining how to interact with Harmony Hub on say Eisy through PG3? I'm seeing all my hubs etc and all looks configured correctly however how do I now actually use it? e.g. If a specific activity is run on a specific hub (which would be a condition), I want to run a program to dim the lights. Same in reverse, when I press the off button on the Harmony remote, I want lights to come back up. I can't intuitively see how this can be done.

52 minutes ago, gldixon said:

Is there any documentation explaining how to interact with Harmony Hub on say Eisy through PG3? I'm seeing all my hubs etc and all looks configured correctly however how do I now actually use it? e.g. If a specific activity is run on a specific hub (which would be a condition), I want to run a program to dim the lights. Same in reverse, when I press the off button on the Harmony remote, I want lights to come back up. I can't intuitively see how this can be done.

You would write a program. Choose the hub and activity that you want.

Like this:

FR-AVR-TV - [ID 0084][Parent 00B3]

If
        'Family Room / SHIELD TV Pro' is switched Start
     Or 'Family Room / FireTV 4K Max' is switched Start
     Or 'Family Room / Watch a Movie' is switched Start

Then
        Wait  45 seconds
        Resource 'AVR-FR-Setup-TV'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

On 1/15/2023 at 10:28 AM, JTsao said:

Like this:

FR-AVR-TV - [ID 0084][Parent 00B3]

If
        'Family Room / SHIELD TV Pro' is switched Start
     Or 'Family Room / FireTV 4K Max' is switched Start
     Or 'Family Room / Watch a Movie' is switched Start

Then
        Wait  45 seconds
        Resource 'AVR-FR-Setup-TV'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thanks @JTsao that makes complete sense however I don't seem to see any of those options? For the Conditions I can select Status or Control.

For Status I only see the Harmony Hub Controller and it seems to be more testing for status such as number of hubs, if Node Server is connected etc.

For Control, I can see all the Harmony Hubs but all I can test for is 'On' or 'Power off'.

Is there something wrong with my setup?

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 7.31.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 7.32.08 AM.png

28 minutes ago, gldixon said:

Thanks @JTsao that makes complete sense however I don't seem to see any of those options? For the Conditions I can select Status or Control.

For Status I only see the Harmony Hub Controller and it seems to be more testing for status such as number of hubs, if Node Server is connected etc.

For Control, I can see all the Harmony Hubs but all I can test for is 'On' or 'Power off'.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 7.31.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 7.32.08 AM.png

Your drop downs don't give you other options such as choosing your activities?

On 1/23/2023 at 6:34 AM, gldixon said:

In the program example that I provided, for example, "Watch a Movie" is an activity, not the hub.  Your examples above indicated what you can do with the hub itself, which is limited.  Hubs have the arrow pointing right.  Activities have an arrow pointing left.  You need to make sure you can see your activities in IoX, then you can trigger on when they start or end.

image.thumb.png.5b27ffa367ec87e7098a70b3ae2695ec.png

The hub below is called "Family Room" - devices and activities are child nodes, activities have the arrow pointing left.  Devices, and the hub itself point right.

image.png.3ec46d4ffa2cb2e5c40c065618b87941.png

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2023 at 3:10 PM, JTsao said:

In the program example that I provided, for example, "Watch a Movie" is an activity, not the hub.  Your examples above indicated what you can do with the hub itself, which is limited.  Hubs have the arrow pointing right.  Activities have an arrow pointing left.  You need to make sure you can see your activities in IoX, then you can trigger on when they start or end.

image.thumb.png.5b27ffa367ec87e7098a70b3ae2695ec.png

The hub below is called "Family Room" - devices and activities are child nodes, activities have the arrow pointing left.  Devices, and the hub itself point right.

image.png.3ec46d4ffa2cb2e5c40c065618b87941.png

Yeah I don't have anything below 'Family Room' and certainly I have activities defined on the Harmonies, after all, how do I use them as remotes if I didn't!