IR info requested

rlanza1054

Hi,

I am trying to read as much as I can about the new eisy hardware. (I am currently using a ISY994/IR Pro ZW.

If I read correctly the eisy does no support incoming IR.

Can I assume it can still do outgoing IR via Global Cache via Network settings. This is what I do now on the ISY994.

I have a Global Cache IR unit in every room.

I like others use a Harmony Hub for entertainment devices.

My led light systems are mostly controlled via Amazon Alexa with some routines.

Hopefully that stuff can be moved to the new EISY.

I received the new EISY prior to xmas but have yet to open in.

I ordered some other modules and those are still in the box.

But since reading about the lack of IR support this is of concern to me.

Can I assume the lack of IR support is due to these supplies issues.

If supply issues were not something that affected all manufacturer then maybe it would have been included?

So is there a possibility that IR support could be added down the road if these parts became available.

I should say I still am not sure how backyard this is going to affect my current setup and if I could do a workaround.

As I said before because of healthcare issues the time I can devote to this upgrade is going to be limited.

I'm probably going to ask for support.

Thanks!

Rob

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

EISY does not offer support for ir and will not offer ir in the future. It's not a supply issue. It has more to do with where the market is going with products and the amount of people that used it. 

While some users will obviously be impacted by this decision, they made it to help keep costs down. 

There's a Node Server for global cache devices. You can find more information on it in the be Node Server section 

1 hour ago, firstone said:

I've released eISY IR node server into beta. It adds IR receiver functionality to eISY / Polisy using Flirc IR USB receiver. The only caveat you need to run some commands over ssh to set permissions to Flirc. Feel free to test it out and see if it works for you.

This sounds interesting! I assume we can get a generic adapter like this  https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Remote-Control-Receiver-Raspberry/dp/B01NBRBWS6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=S0BU68DGO9YX&keywords=Flirc+IR+USB&qid=1673840873&sprefix=flirc+ir+usb%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVTBVRzVMMEZPQjlQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDE3NjAwMVVLRjBTRlk4U0ZZTCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDc1NzI5MllTQU9JNTJTOUUxMSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= then we would be able to load the old codes that were used for ISY and are available in Harmony for it?

12 hours ago, tazman said:

This sounds interesting! I assume we can get a generic adapter like this

then we would be able to load the old codes that were used for ISY and are available in Harmony for it?

It's not a generic adapter but that very particular one. Although Flirc gen 1 can be used as well.

The way it works is you teach Flirc RC commands. You can use Harmony with any code set or any other remote or code set. Flirc will act like a virtual keyboard. Node server will then create a Node for a key that you can use in your programs.

• Like 1