eISYIR setup

tazman

@firstoneI would first like to say thank you for creating this node server! I received my FLIRC adapter today and tried to setup the node server but was unable to complete it. I shutdown eisy installed the FLIRC adapter, started eisy then installed the node server from the store and tried running the commands I copied from the github site and it seemed like the first command worked but then the other 2 failed. I assume if I use the Flirc Kodi device in Harmony I don't have to do anything to the FLIRC adapter before using it??

[admin@eisy ~]$ curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/firstone/eisy-ir-poly/main/reset_flirc.sh -o reset_flirc.sH
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   170  100   170    0     0    266      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   266
[admin@eisy ~]$ chmod +x reset_flirc.sh
chmod: reset_flirc.sh: No such file or directory
[admin@eisy ~]$ sudo chmod +x reset_flirc.sh
Password:
chmod: reset_flirc.sh: No such file or directory
[admin@eisy ~]$ sudo ./reset_flirc.sh
sudo: ./reset_flirc.sh: command not found
[admin@eisy ~]$

@Geddyif you would like I guess you could create a section in the  PG3 area for this new node server and move this there.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, tazman said:

Kind of looks from here you have capital H at the end? Likely saved the file with ".sH" extension. Linux is case sensitive. You an try 'ls' command to double check.

[admin@polisy ~]$ curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/firstone/eisy-ir-poly/main/reset_flirc.sh -o reset_flirc.sh
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   170  100   170    0     0    684      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   688
[admin@polisy ~]$ chmod +x reset_flirc.sh
[admin@polisy ~]$ ls -la reset_flirc.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 admin  admin  170 Jan 18 22:06 reset_flirc.sh

Edited by firstone
14 minutes ago, tazman said:

I assume if I use the Flirc Kodi device in Harmony I don't have to do anything to the FLIRC adapter before using it??

This I don't know for sure. I don't believe it comes preloaded with any signals though.

You can try it and if you don't see any responses to key presses, just download Flirc software, load Kodi profile and tech whatever keys you like. It's very intuitive and easy to use.

45 minutes ago, firstone said:

My fault. I've pushed a fix. It should be under version 0.1.1.

That got it running! I looked at the USB device Flirc program and I can select Kodi from the controllers when I press a button it ask to map it to a key and when I press a button on the Harmony it sees it but I don't see anything to save that or if it is automatically saved to the device. I tried pressing buttons while it is plugged into eisy but it does not seem to do anything.

eISYIR_1-18-2023_93359-PM.zip

10 minutes ago, tazman said:

That got it running! I looked at the USB device Flirc program and I can select Kodi from the controllers when I press a button it ask to map it to a key and when I press a button on the Harmony it sees it but I don't see anything to save that or if it is automatically saved to the device. I tried pressing buttons while it is plugged into eisy but it does not seem to do anything.

My fault again. Fixed it on my test polisy and forgot to merge changes. Try 0.1.2. 

But the steps are:

* Plug Flirc into PC software

* Teach buttons. You don't need to save. 

* Plug Flirc into eISY

* Rerun sudo command to reset driver.

If you don't do the last step, node server will not find Flirc. 

8 hours ago, firstone said:

My fault again. Fixed it on my test polisy and forgot to merge changes. Try 0.1.2. 

But the steps are:

* Plug Flirc into PC software

* Teach buttons. You don't need to save. 

* Plug Flirc into eISY

* Rerun sudo command to reset driver.

If you don't do the last step, node server will not find Flirc. 

I have some keys programmed and the node server says connected but I don't think it is working I will do some more testing after work. I did all the steps and I know the sudo command is going to be something I forget eventually but hopefully not at this early stage. For testing purposes should remote button presses show up in the ssh window if it is working properly?

1 hour ago, tazman said:

I have some keys programmed and the node server says connected but I don't think it is working I will do some more testing after work. I did all the steps and I know the sudo command is going to be something I forget eventually but hopefully not at this early stage. For testing purposes should remote button presses show up in the ssh window if it is working properly?

You only have to run reset if you unplug or reboot. I'm working with Michel on permanent solution.

NS cannot print to ssh being that Unix is multiuser system. It does log into a log, which you can look at or send to me. I can also give you small test app to print out raw output. And you can test with Flirc UI I think. You can go to Device Log and press some buttons and see what you see.

@firstoneunfortunately today it is giving me a notice Could not connect Flirc device. Make sure device is plugged in and permissioans are set. I have restarted and run the sudo command and it does not help. I can not find a device log file I know there are log files in /var/log but none named device. I can plug it into my computer and see the button presses so I think it is setup properl.

1 hour ago, tazman said:

@firstoneunfortunately today it is giving me a notice Could not connect Flirc device. Make sure device is plugged in and permissioans are set. I have restarted and run the sudo command and it does not help. I can not find a device log file I know there are log files in /var/log but none named device. I can plug it into my computer and see the button presses so I think it is setup properl.

Plug it in, run sudo command as before. If that doesn't work, PM me log packages. Same as you've done above.

Also, run:

sudo ls -la /dev/u*

And PM that also, please.

I want to say thank you to @firstoneI worked with him to get this working and I am able to operate a light with the remote using 2 variables and 3 programs to keep everything in sync so when I press one button on the remote it will turn the light on or off depending on the state it is in already.

LRLtOn - [ID 000C][Parent 000F]

If
        $SLRLt is 1

Then
        Set 'Living Room Light' On

Else
        Set 'Living Room Light' Off

LRLtVarOff - [ID 0053][Parent 000F]

If
        'eISY IR Controller / IR Button Up' State is Pressed
     Or 'LR Fan-Light' Status is Off
    And $ILRLt is not 0

Then
        $ILRLt  = 0
        $SLRLt  = 0

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

LRLtVarOn - [ID 0054][Parent 000F]

If
     Or 'LR Fan-Light' Status is not Off
    And $ILRLt is not 1

Then
        $ILRLt  = 1
        $SLRLt  = 1

Else

• Like 1
I want to say thank you to @firstoneI worked with him to get this working and I am able to operate a light with the remote using 2 variables and 3 programs to keep everything in sync so when I press one button on the remote it will turn the light on or off depending on the state it is in already.
LRLtOn - [iD 000C][Parent 000F]
If
        $SLRLt is 1

Then
        Set 'Living Room Light' On

Else
        Set 'Living Room Light' Off

LRLtVarOff - [iD 0053][Parent 000F]
If
     Or 'LR Fan-Light' Status is Off
    And $ILRLt is not 0

Then
        $ILRLt  = 0
        $SLRLt  = 0

Else

LRLtVarOn - [iD 0054][Parent 000F]
If
     Or 'LR Fan-Light' Status is not Off
    And $ILRLt is not 1

Then
        $ILRLt  = 1
        $SLRLt  = 1

Else

Thanks for keeping us updated. I’ll be implementing Node Server when I pull trigger on move to Eisy. Got FLIRC sitting right next to Eisy, cables and Zmatter!
18 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

Thanks for keeping us updated. I’ll be implementing Node Server when I pull trigger on move to Eisy. Got FLIRC sitting right next to Eisy, cables and Zmatter!

I knew there were at least a couple of people wanting this functionality and I think it is a great addition to the eisy even though I don't use it very much. It took a little more programming then the old IR input of the 944 but I figured out how to make a single button control the on and off because free buttons are valuable when you are trying to control so many things. I like it even though I'm the only one who knows what all the buttons are for!