Multiple windows of Administrative Console?

breischaft

18 hours ago, breischaft said:

Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but:  can you have multiple admin console's open at same time? 

I feel like I'd like to have the main tab showing state of devices open at the same time as the programs tab to better follow program states.

possible?

I do it by accident sometimes.  Just start another instance but clicking IoX launcher again (or running admin.jnlp again--whichever you normally use).  or as @asbril points out, on another computer.

The limitation is that only 10 "somethings" can create subscriptions at once.  What's a "something"? examples include the admin console, mobile apps, other software such as Home Assistant, etc  To see how many subscriptions are currently in use http://IP.of.the.ISY/rest/subscriptions (enter your admin console credentials when prompted for user/pass).

Edit to add: for polisy/eisy you need to add port 8080 to the url; ie. http://IP.of.the.ISY:8080/rest/subscriptions

Also, change IP.of.the.ISY to an actual IP address.

• Like 2

@breischaft One thing to watch out for....don't make changes in BOTH windows. Consider it just like having Admin Console open when installing/updating a node server. It's somewhat live, but some UI doesn't update correctly. I can't confirm this, but know it is/was a problem when adding node servers that it was always suggested to close/restart admin console so the nodes would populate correctly. 

If you go changing a program in one window the other will probably not show the change. And if you change a function in the other vice-versa. So keep up with where you're making adjustments and restart the other window if you need a fresh view. 

I just tried in the eisy and indeed can open two admin consoles at once. I tested a program and the status did update on the tree display. So that's at least updating live. 

And as @MrBill stated the sub link did show that I had 3 subs in use at the time (portal + 2 local). I tried with UD Mobile and Moblinc, but they both connect through the portal so didn't open/use any other subscriptions.