Finally upgraded to 5.3.4 from 4.9.0 and now garage door controller isnt functioning correctly

JCDinPGH

I am completely baffled. I was previously at 4.9.0 on my ISY994I and everything was functioning perfectly including he garage door controller. Now when I execute the "garage door close", it closes the door completely, and then about a second later, it opens the door but only part way. This used to work flawlessly in 4.9.0. I verified there is nothing blocking the door from closing like leaves etc.  Also, if I execute "garage door open", the door now only opens part way. No idea why it would do this. Also, if I manually close the door using it's buttons, outside of the ISY, it also closes and then reopens partially a second later. This is definitely the garage door opener that is causing this because if I turn the power off for the IOlinc device, the regular garage door opener works without reopening the garage door part way. . Here are my programs if it helps.

Garage open - [ID 0019][Parent 0001]
If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')
Then
        Run Program 'Garage open real' (If)
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Garage open real - [ID 0017][Parent 0001]
If
        'Garage Door-Sensor' Status is On
Then
        Set 'Garage Lights' On
        Set 'Garage Door-Relay' On
Else

Garage Close - [ID 001A][Parent 0001]
If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')
Then
        Run Program 'Garage close real' (If)
Else

Garage close real - [ID 0018][Parent 0001]
If
        'Garage Door-Sensor' Status is Off
Then
        Set 'Garage Door-Relay' On
        Wait  10 minutes 
        Set 'Garage Lights' Off
Else

The garage door sensor is a (2450) IOlinc v.41

Any ideas? 

I tried restoring the Garage Door Relay and the Garage Door Sensor. Unfortunately it is behaving exactly the same. Garage Door Open only opens part way and Garage Door Close closes all of the way and then reopens part way. I tried rebooting the ISY and powering off the IOlinc in the garage. I can try recreating the programs from scratch but I would be very surprised if it makes any difference. 

I'm guessing here.. but try right clicking and disabling Garage close real and Garage close open.  

One of the side effects of upgrading v4 to v5 is that purposely disabled programs are left enabled.  The only real reason to have Garage open and Garage close that just run another program is if those other programs are disabled?    I can only guess because its not obvious what runs Garage open and Garage close.

more info: When a program is disabled it can be run by another program, it won't however run because of the Condition in the IF statement becoming true.

It gets weirder. I disabled both "garage open real" and "garage close real" which is how they were before upgrading and then set the "garage door relay" to on when the garage door is open, which should simply toggle the current state of the garage door, in this case it should close it, it does close the door and then the door immediately reopens fully. 

I thought I would go back to basics, hence toggling the garage door relay. Only setting the garage door relay to on actually causes any actions, as both garage door open and garage door close use that but also check the status of the garage door sensor. 

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

Click-garage door-relay in the device tree verify that it's set to momentary, it sounds like it's not.

I deleted all of my programs and scenes involving the garage door opener and deleted the device and relinked it and then recreated all of my scenes and programs and it appears to be working correctly now. 

Thanks for your help.

• Like 2