eisy z-wave matter not responding

Ricka2
Go to solution Solved by tlightne,

received eisy z-wave matter usb dongle today, plugged into usb on eisy, clicked on Configuration Z-wave Support check box, Save and Restart IoX.

Console shows Z-Wave dongle not responding

What needs to happen?

Z-Wave Support

1. Simply plugin our awesome ZMatter USB dongle
  2. Go to the Admin Console | Configuration tab
  3. Check Z-Wave Support Checkbox
  4. Click the Save button
  5. Click the Reboot or Restart IoX button.
12 minutes ago, Ricka2 said:

received eisy z-wave matter usb dongle today, plugged into usb on eisy, clicked on Configuration Z-wave Support check box, Save and Restart IoX.

What needs to happen?

Z-Wave Support

4. Click the Save button

First, did you upgrade packages? That should have been the first thing you did.

What firmware andUI version are you currently on? The latest is v5.5.5.

I believe v5.4.3 had an issue recognizing the ZMatter dongle.

Are you upgrading an existing system or starting from new?

42 minutes ago, Ricka2 said:

What needs to happen?

Z-Wave Support

4. Click the Save button

Missing step - in configuration tab you need to select ZMatter, If it says "Z-Wave dongle not responding", you probably hadn't. If it says "ZMatter not responding", then it might be defective ZMatter dongle.

7 minutes ago, DennisC said:

I would suggest you fully flow the UD instructions from here:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Migration

my 994i system migration was completed in Dec 2022 and the only thing that changed was my adding the zwave usb unit today ---so if the original 994i migrated, then the zwave should have also migrated.....to me the message on the snapshot seemed to direct that my zwave fan controller firmware was not recognized by the UD library ---what am I missing?  "Unrecognized Z-Wave firmware version/library [7.18]"  ---to me this seems to be UD issue.

I really don't want to attempt to migrate again from my backup in Dec because that was another entire multiple days to get everything back that Michel had to research and resolve.

zwave eisy.jpeg

It's not clear to me the procedure you followed to get where you are. How about telling us the steps you followed to get here?

Possibly, reboot eisy, open event viewer to level 3, and try adding g your Zwave device again. 

If you are adding a battery device, be sure to wake it up first.

Not sure what is being asked... All recommendations followed to install the USB dongle as I outlined in my responses above. No one seems to be answering why the zwave add is giving the response shown in the attached snapshots above and also written out in my previous responses. 

Just cannot get the zwave found in an Add function. 

Directly from the documentation on line... it does miss the upgrade package which I completed and followed directions again. 

Z-Wave Support

4. Click the Save button
2 hours ago, Ricka2 said:

Not sure what is being asked... All recommendations followed to install the USB dongle as I outlined in my responses above. No one seems to be answering why the zwave add is giving the response shown in the attached snapshots above and also written out in my previous responses. 

Just cannot get the zwave found in an Add function. 

The reason I asked you to tell us the procedure you used is because I suspected you were not following best practices.

@tlightneis correct, it is best practices to exclude or remove a Zwave device before attempting to add it to a network. Zwave devices can only be part of one network.

The procedure is the same when adding Zwave devices regardless if you are on 994, Polisy, or eisy.

From UD's Zwave directions:

Note: To add a device, it must not already be in a Z-Wave network. Therefore, if you are having trouble adding a device try removing it first.

1 hour ago, Ricka2 said:

Zwave device never was on the eisy unit... So yes, it is removed.  

Thought you said it was connected to your ISY 994? If it was connected to any system, it needs to be excluded before adding to new system.

There are times when even new devices right out of the box need to be excluded before they are included. Hence the best practice recommendation to exclude devices before including them 

• Like 1

It was working on the 994i but it never migrated to the eisy...how would I exclude a device that does not appear on device list?  Never appeared on the device list... As I stated Michel had to rebuild my initial migration to eisy back in Dec due to a UD issue 

4 minutes ago, Ricka2 said:

Did a remove and it cleared the problem... Odd that device never showed on device list... 

As previously stated, a Device can only be added to one system. Has nothing to do with the controller "list". The device needs to be excluded before being added, all normal, not odd.

• Like 2