Help, Upgraded to 5.3.4 (from 4.9) and now it won't let me log in

tome
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I updated to 5.3.4 followig the instructions on the 5.3.4 Current Release thread as well as advice in the thread below.  The update seemed to go fine but when I cleared my java cash, follow the link for the new admin console and try to log in it says Failed Retry Authenticating My Lighting.  I know I am entering the correct userid and password.

What can I do?

-Tom

14 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Try the default admin/admin user/password. I think it resets during the process.

First thing to check once you do get in is to confirm UI and Firmware match (help -> about). 

Geddy,

Thanks that was it!  One other question.  It appears to have removed my userid.  Did it always have 9 users you were able to define?  I don't recall that before.  Also, when I enter my name and set a password, it prompts me if I want to change the password for my new user.  I say yes and the prompt goes away.  But it doesn't seem to be creating that user.  If I go look at user1 again the fields are blank and it doesn't let me log in with the values I just set.  I can, of course, get back in with Admin and my newly set admin password...

-Tom

@tome glad that worked. Not sure about your next question as I don’t have more than one user. I know there is mention of them in the ISY Cookbook, but I’m not sure how it is really implemented and meant to be used as I think they have all the same rights.

Firmware versions 5.0+ allow up to ten users, one of which is the administrator.
• Both User ID and password must be entered.
• User ID and passwords are case sensitive.
• The ID and password are limited to 10 characters maximum.
• The ID and password have a minimum of 3 characters.
• These characters are not allowed: < > / ; &

Do you have a need/reason to have more than just admin user login? If not, I wouldn’t worry about it. 

I also seem to recall that even though you add a user ID or add users the list doesn’t repopulate with those user IDs or show them being used. You just have to try them out. 

Most will just reset the admin password and not worry about other users.