Yale Wi-Fi Locks

dinostop

Didn't know best place to put this so I will put it here.  I am wondering if anyone is working a a Node Server so Yale door locks can connect to the system.  I know there are ZWave options out there, however none of the Yale locks or other locks for that matter allow you to use ZWave for the home automation integration and also Wi-Fi for the auto unlock feature that seems to be only available on wi-fi models due to how they conntect and how they use your phones geo-fencing.

2 hours ago, dinostop said:

Didn't know best place to put this so I will put it here.  I am wondering if anyone is working a a Node Server so Yale door locks can connect to the system.  I know there are ZWave options out there, however none of the Yale locks or other locks for that matter allow you to use ZWave for the home automation integration and also Wi-Fi for the auto unlock feature that seems to be only available on wi-fi models due to how they conntect and how they use your phones geo-fencing.

You can program that capability using existing noderservers and/or geofencing

17 hours ago, dinostop said:

@lilyoyo1i cannot seem to get geofencing to work after following the directions.  Most of the time Locative doesn’t send ISY the command that I am back inside the area.  How have you been able to get it to work or what mode servers are you talking about?

I don't use that so I can't answer that. You can use ping which uses wifi as well as ubiquiti presence if you have uniquiti

On 2/27/2023 at 7:10 PM, lilyoyo1 said:

You can program that capability using existing noderservers and/or geofencing

@lilyoyo1I have found that when I got geofencing to work the closest I can get it is about 4 house away which is a little farther than I would like it to be.  When setting up using Unifi Precense same thing as my Wi-Fi extends out a few houses away due to outside AP's I have.

Guess I will just have to choose between linking a new lock over ZWave to control my alarm system through Polisy when I lock and unlock my doors or the auto-unlock feature as I can't find any locks that have both.

I did find a lock by Alfred, however when I installed it I found out that the only way to lock from outside it to press a button and it locks the door but Polisy shows it as manual lock which would mean if I setup a program to turn alarm off when the door is unlocked by manual then someone could break my window and unlock the door from the inside thus turning the alarm off as well as some other needs to be able to select users of the lock to arm or not to arm when the door is locked. 

Thank you for your assistance though.

• 2 months later...

I'd be somewhat leery of using an "auto-unlock" feature over WiFi.  Given how crooks have figured out how to hack the remote fobs for starting & unlocking cars, I don't doubt that unlocking houses will come sooner rather than later.

My Wiser Z-Wave door locks will permit me to lock the house remotely through my EISY - even from across the country! - but I can't unlock the doors.  That's a security choice made by Wiser, and I approve.

The new Yale keypad lock s with zwave have come out.  They also have Bluetooth.  When you leave your home home zone they go into away mode then when you enter back into your home zone and get with in a few feet of the door they will unlock if setup to do so.  So far feature works well.  Only downside is you can only setup 1 door for the auto-unlock feature.