Geofencing

sjenkins

52 minutes ago, peterathans said:

And if I don't import backups?  Can't I just create a geofence from scratch on the second phone, and a few simple controls on the Favorites screen?  Are backup imports necessary for the second phone?

Ideal scenario:

• Install UD Mobile on two phones
  • On each phone, create a geofence (with each one controlling a separate variable)
  • On each phone, create a unique set of controls on the Favorites screen (the two users may want different sets of controls)

Sounds simple (and it's how I set up MobiLinc on our two phones), is it possible?

Yes, if you don't import backup then each device is independent just like favorites.

45 minutes ago, SHM said:

Have been using Occupancy for some time, with mixed results.  Currently have UD mobile iOS 1.0.21.  Where can I get 1.0.22?

It is in Beta, we are waiting for approval of 1.0.24 which has geofence bug fixes.  If no other issues are reported 1.0.24 will be pushed to production.

Beta testing info: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/35814-ud-mobile-ios/

• Like 2

@Javi on .24 (and probably earlier, but didn’t notice it). If you edit the name of the Geofence area then edit the location bubble or radius the name is not saved and needs to be edited again. Not sure if fixable, but I didn’t catch it until I saved the new zone and had to go up back and edit the name again. No big issue, but if able to add a check/save option when editing the name before going to a different setting to save the entry. 

No longer have duplicate zones added. Thanks!

@JaviNot sure if you can help or not, however how do I go about getting a newer version of UD Mobil than what the Apple App Store has.  It says 10.0.21 is the newest version, but by reading all of this I would need at least 10.0.22 to use geofencing

You need the beta s/w.
Look for the TestFlight link in the current release notes for UD Mobile.
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, dinostop said:

@JaviNot sure if you can help or not, however how do I go about getting a newer version of UD Mobil than what the Apple App Store has.  It says 10.0.21 is the newest version, but by reading all of this I would need at least 10.0.22 to use geofencing

I'll push to the production app store today. Will likely be 1-3 days before it is live in the production app store.