Support Thread: 5.3.4 (ISY994)

Techman

21 minutes ago, rubenhak said:

Hey folks, I'm ISY i994 use and only have Insteon devices. Is there much risk in upgrading to the new version? I'm currently running v5.0.16A. Will I see significant improvement in this new firmware version? Thanks.

Many less small software bugs.

11 hours ago, GJ Software Products said:

I did a clean install, with the new empty database, when I try to save a program I receive "HTTP: Incorrect pgm key [BF68B8A7.D727]".  I can't get a hit on this via search.  Got any idea what is causing this?

Screenshots?  Error log?   That doesn't look like an admin console message.  Where did you create a "new empty database'?

Running 5.3.4 and Polyglot v2 on a Raspberry PI.  Installed ClimaCell[1], NOAA[2] , OpenWeatherMap[3].  Then uninstalled Climacell[1] and installed WeatherFlow in the Node Location [1] previously occupied by Climacell.

Ever since uninstalling Climacell I am getting persistent "Already Subscribed" errors.  I have rebooted Polyglot and ISY, but it keeps coming back.  

Error Log:

Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:20 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:23 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:25 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:23 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:30 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:23 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:35 AM    System    -5012    125    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:56:46 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:25 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:56:48 AM    System    -5012    131    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:10:55 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:32 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:11:00 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:32 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:11:05 AM    System    -5012    138    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:11:14 AM    System    -5012    139    

Is there anyone out there than can assist?

40 minutes ago, heardc said:

Running 5.3.4 and Polyglot v2 on a Raspberry PI.  Installed ClimaCell[1], NOAA[2] , OpenWeatherMap[3].  Then uninstalled Climacell[1] and installed WeatherFlow in the Node Location [1] previously occupied by Climacell.

Ever since uninstalling Climacell I am getting persistent "Already Subscribed" errors.  I have rebooted Polyglot and ISY, but it keeps coming back.  

Error Log:

Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:20 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:23 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:25 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:23 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:30 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:23 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:38:35 AM    System    -5012    125    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:56:46 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:25 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 09:56:48 AM    System    -5012    131    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:10:55 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:32 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:11:00 AM    System    -170001    [UDSockets] RSub:32 error:6    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:11:05 AM    System    -5012    138    
Wed 2021/10/27 10:11:14 AM    System    -5012    139    

Is there anyone out there than can assist?

Others are more competent than I am, but (1) make sure to delete the Climacell nodeserver from both the Dashboard and the list of nodeservers (2)  add the new nodeserver in a previous not used slot.

Edited by asbril
  • Like 1

@GJ Software Products 

First step is always confirm Firmware and UI match. You're posting in the 5.3.4 thread so we assume you read all the steps for updating and have loaded a NEW DOWNLOAD of the launcher so that admin console matches your firmware. Please be sure this is true. Firmware & UI should be 5.3.4 (since this is where you're posting). 

Seems like it may be an issue with having multiple AC open from a past post. (This post is found using Google site search function)

Another issue appears it could be PLM related. Make sure the ISY isn't in safe mode. If you recently updated to 5.3.4 make sure you got the correct firmware for your situation. If you have a PLM make sure you got that firmware. If you don't have a PLM make sure you got that version. They do make the ISY work differently so it's important to use the correct file in the upgrade. 

Check these areas:

1. Please go to Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info ... if it shows Disconnected, then

2. Go to Help | About and make sure your firmware is udi_oadr_xx rather than insteon_xx ... i.e. it might be that the PLM is not plugged in and your ISY is in safe mode

Otherwise, as @MrBill suggested some screenshots or error logs might help. If can't get help here on the forums you should consider submitting a trouble support ticket through UD's website or email:

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                        support@universal-devices.com

• Like 2

HTTP: Incorrect pgm key [59ADDE0C.4E84]

Thanks all.  I didn't have a PLM plugged in and the ISY is in safe mode, my PLM is connected to my live and running 4.9 instance on another device.  Looks like step one will be to get a 2nd PLM.  Does anyone see any issues with two ISYs and two PLMs in the same vicinity.  I assume that when you associate devices they bind to the specific ISY so I won't run into conflicts?  Thanks,  Grant

• Like 1
12 hours ago, GJ Software Products said:

Does anyone see any issues with two ISYs and two PLMs in the same vicinity.  I assume that when you associate devices they bind to the specific ISY so I won't run into conflicts?

You can run as many ISY/PLM combinations as you want.  You will have issues adding the same devices to multiple PLMs (it's not impossible, just not recommended and will never work exactly correctly), however you can have multiple distinct systems without issue.   If you're speaking of getting an additional PLM for an ISY-994 tho you'll find there is a supply chain problem... they're aren't any to be found.

ISY on Polisy which is in Alpha testing can accept either the 2413u (USB) PLM or the 2413s (Serial) PLM.

If the second ISY doesn't need a PLM you can load the non-PLM firmware to eliminate the safe mode issue.

Edited by MrBill
  • Like 1

Upgrade to 5.3.4 Test Build Successful.  Not too painful, went from 4.9 by installing a 500 Z-Wave board in my spare 994i, installing 5.3.4 on my spare, restore the ISY database, going through the Z-Wave restore and all worked as described in this thread.  Z-Wave objects in Programs had to be replaced, fought a little bit with a couple Scenes, Java - launching admin console was a bit of a pain, and -Xmx1024m or -Xmx-2048m made things real slow/stop, went back to 512m all worked fine.  Hummm, I thought more memory allocated would be better.  Be aware, I'm no ISY guru, pretty much still a newbie so some of my battles could have been self inflicted.  But in the end all seems to be working fine so far.     -Grant

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MrBill said:

I guess how much memory the host computer has available likely plays a role too.  My current laptop has 16gb... my old was only 4gb, (I didn't use -Xmx1024m yet back then tho). 

I have consistent issues with my Administrative Console. The AC  does not complete opening at least 50 % of the time. I also changed to -Xmx1024 but it does not make a difference. On advice of UD I changed the short polls of my nodeservers, but that did not really resolve the issue.

However, since installing Home Assistant, I only make use of the AC when I want to change a program or include/exclude a device and use HA for control in my browser (UD Mobile and HA on my phone).

I trust that my AC issues will be history when Java is dropped and ISY is available on Polisy.

I have successfully upgraded from 5.3.0.  The only issue I found following the upgrade was that I had to reconfigure the trigger for when my Kwikset lock was unlocked with the keypad that it would run a program.  The trigger command had to be moved to the "access control" node of the lock.  Once I made that change everything was working again.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to get a list of z-wave issues fixed since 5.0.14? I have 5.0.14 installed currently with a 500 series zwave dongle. I purchased a number of zwave devices and added them then added them to scenes. One of the devices won't reflect its status change when turned on or off locally unless I query it manually. The other one instantly reflects its status change in the console and will trigger programs when checking its status in the "if" of a program.

However, neither, when made controllers for scenes, will control the scene. Is there any chance any of these issues have been fixed? I'm not the type to run bleeding edge any more. If its working the way I want it to, I tend to stick with existing firmware until must upgrade for some reason.

The Minoston Zwave outdoor outlet and the Leviton DZPA-1 will work with all Zwave certificated controllers.

The ISY 5.3.4 firmware when used with the 500 series Zwave dongle, which you have, is a Zwave certificated controller.

Your UI (ISY launcher) must also be 5.3. 4

• Like 1
15 hours ago, sorka said:

Is there a way to get a list of z-wave issues fixed since 5.0.14? I have 5.0.14 installed currently with a 500 series zwave dongle. I purchased a number of zwave devices and added them then added them to scenes. One of the devices won't reflect its status change when turned on or off locally unless I query it manually. The other one instantly reflects its status change in the console and will trigger programs when checking its status in the "if" of a program.

However, neither, when made controllers for scenes, will control the scene. Is there any chance any of these issues have been fixed? I'm not the type to run bleeding edge any more. If its working the way I want it to, I tend to stick with existing firmware until must upgrade for some reason.

Each firmware release thread contains a list of Fixes in the first post in the thread.  But it's not a detailed description so it maybe hard to match the symptoms your looking for to the title of the fix.

Also why would you want to install another buggy beta version?  Install 5.3.4... it's stable firmware.

Edited by MrBill
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to resolve an error in my system and I tried to update my system to 5.3.4 from 5.0.16C. I downloaded the software for 5.3.4 and then ran the Manually Upgrade ISY from the Help Menu. As was expected, it ask me if I wanted to backup my system which I did. Then it asked me for the update file and then it ran for about 3 seconds and fails.

The error message that is shown is:  Upgrade Failed :Failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid)

Followed by the classic error:  Socket Timeout Error

It has been forever since I upgraded (well at least one year) and I'm lost as to what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, JP said:

I am trying to resolve an error in my system and I tried to update my system to 5.3.4 from 5.0.16C. I downloaded the software for 5.3.4 and then ran the Manually Upgrade ISY from the Help Menu. As was expected, it ask me if I wanted to backup my system which I did. Then it asked me for the update file and then it ran for about 3 seconds and fails.

The error message that is shown is:  Upgrade Failed :Failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid)

It has been forever since I upgraded (well at least one year) and I'm lost as to what is going on.

What firmware version are you upgrading from?

The upgrade file must not be unzipped. Place the zipped file on your desktop then do a manual upgrade

13 hours ago, JP said:

I'd try rebooting your ISY, and try again.  I found a thread from last summer with the same error message where that turned out to be the solution. 

Also make certain, that you are downloading the correct file (PLM vs Non-PLM), delete the one you have now and get a fresh copy of it, and that you are not unzipping the downloaded file, just upload the zipped file to the ISY.

10 hours ago, Techman said:

What firmware version are you upgrading from?

He said 5.0.16C.