Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

13 minutes ago, dbuss said:

@asbril, I think I have programs doing something similar to what you want to accomplish. 

Bathroom Fan MS  ON - [ID 0030][Parent 0001]

If
        'Bathroom MS-Sensor' is switched On

Then
        Set 'Bathroom Fan' On
        Wait  10 minutes 
        Set 'Bathroom Fan' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

When bathroom motion is sensed, this program will turn on the bathroom fan, wait 15 minutes and turn off the bathroom fan.

Bathroom Light Stays On - [ID 0015][Parent 0001]

If
        'Bathroom Light' is switched On

Then
        Set 'Bathroom Fan' On
        Disable Program 'Bathroom Hallway Lights Night'
        Disable Program 'Bathroom Fan MS  ON'
        Disable Program 'Bathroom Lights On Day-Evening'
        Wait  1 hour 
        Set 'Bathroom Light' Off
        Set 'Bathroom Fan' Off
        Enable Program 'Bathroom Hallway Lights Night'
        Enable Program 'Bathroom Fan MS  ON'
        Run Program <Not Specified> (Then Path)

Else

If bathroom light is switched on, this program turns on bathroom fan and disables bathroom light and fan programs. 
Wait 1 hour. 

Bathroom Light Off - [ID 004B][Parent 0001]

If
        'Bathroom Light' is switched Off

Then
        Set 'Bathroom Light' Off
        Wait  1 second
        Set 'Bathroom Fan' Off
        Wait  1 second
        Set 'Hallway Light' Off
        Disable Program 'Bathroom Lights On Day-Evening'
        Disable Program 'Bathroom Hallway Lights Night'
        Wait  10 seconds
        Enable Program 'Bathroom Hallway Lights Night'
        Enable Program 'Bathroom Fan MS  ON'
        Enable Program 'Bathroom Lights On Day-Evening'

Else

If bathroom light is switched off, bathroom light, bathroom fan and hallway light are turned off. 
Bathroom lights on day-evening and bathroom hallway lights night programs are disabled. 
Wait 10 seconds. 
Enable, bathroom hallway lights night, bathroom fan, and bathroom lights on day-evening programs.

This looks similar to my alternative, which I will try now.

55 minutes ago, asbril said:

In our laundry room we have a door to the outside and I have a motion sensor that is programmed to turn the ceiling light ON upon motion. However whenever someone is the laundry room for a longer time than just passing through, the light, after the set period of 2 1/2 minutes, goes OFF and then goes ON straight away. This is a bit annoying. What I want is that when someone has already turned ON the Laundry Ceiling light, then the motion sensor does not turn On  the light.

I designed 2 programs :

Program 1

IF :  -empty-

THEN : set laundry ceiling ON

wait 2 minutes and 30 seconds

set laundry ceiling OFF

ELSE : -empty-

Program 2

IF :  ceiling light Status is OFF

and Motion Sensor is ON

THEN : Run program 1

But this does not seem to do the job.

Would an alternative something like the following do the job ?

Program 3

IF : Motion sensor is ON

THEN : Laundry Ceiling Light ON

Wait 2 minutes 30 seconds

Laundry Ceiling Light OFF

Program 4

IF Laundry Ceiling light is switched ON

THEN :Disable Program 3

Program 5

IF : Laundry Ceiling Light is switched OFF 

or Status Laundry Ceiling Light is OFF

THEN : Enable Program 3

I look forward to any ideas and insight,

Thanks

You just need 3 and 4.

Change program 4 to

If light is switch on

And 

(Light is not switched off or status ceiling light is off)

then stop program and disable it

Or else

Enable program

Unless you turn off the lights by other methods such as an app or voice control, you don't necessarily need to use status 

Edited by lilyoyo1
34 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

And 

Many thanks lilyoyo1,

The only part I don't understand is 

And 

You're welc9me. Combining your 5th program into the 4th. The or else would be ran off that statement which will re-enable the sensor program. The status isn't needed unless you are using an app or voice control to turn off that light. If it will always be manually switched off then you don't need the status line

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You're welc9me. Combining your 5th program into the 4th. The or else would be ran off that statement which will re-enable the sensor program. The status isn't needed unless you are using an app or voice control to turn off that light. If it will always be manually switched off then you don't need the status line

My experience is that the enable in ELSE did not work, so I created another program :

IF Laundry Ceiling Light is Switched OFF or Status Laundry Ceiling Light is OFF

THEN Enable program

This seems to work when I simulate from my Administrative Console, but still have to try with the motion sensor in action, but it should work.

Thanks for your guidance.

54 minutes ago, asbril said:

My experience is that the enable in ELSE did not work, so I created another program :

IF Laundry Ceiling Light is Switched OFF or Status Laundry Ceiling Light is OFF

THEN Enable program

This seems to work when I simulate from my Administrative Console, but still have to try with the motion sensor in action, but it should work.

Thanks for your guidance.

How was it originally written?

47 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

How was it originally written?

I had the Enable in Else of Program 2

I also believe that keeping  Status of Ceiling is ON on top of  Switch is an issue.   Now I have the following :

Program 1

IF Motion Sensor is ON

THEN Light X is ON

wait 2 minutes

Light X OFF

Program 2

IF  Light X is switched ON

THEN Stop Program 1

Disable Program 1

Program 3

If Light X is switched OFF or Status Light X is OFF

THEN Enable Program 1

I believe that if I keep in Program 1. IF Light X is switched ON or Status Light X is ON

then in Program 1 Light X will not go off after 2 minutes, because Program 2 stopped and disabled Program 1

This works in simulation in Administrative Console, but I still have to check when Motion sensor is activated.

Let me know if my logic makes sense.

Edited by asbril
28 minutes ago, asbril said:

I had the Enable in Else of Program 2

I also believe that keeping  Status of Ceiling is ON on top of  Switch is an issue.   Now I have the following :

Program 1

IF Motion Sensor is ON

THEN Light X is ON

wait 2 minutes

Light X OFF

Program 2

IF  Light X is switched ON

THEN Stop Program 1

Disable Program 1

Program 3

If Light X is switched OFF or Status Light X is OFF

THEN Enable Program 1

I believe that if I keep in Program 1. IF Light X is switched ON or Status Light X is ON

then in Program 1 Light X will not go off after 2 minutes, because Program 2 stopped and disabled Program 1

This works in simulation in Administrative Console, but I still have to check when Motion sensor is activated.

Let me know if my logic makes sense.

How was the if originally written ? That's the key to running the or else. 

The way you have things written will work. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

How was the if originally written ? That's the key to running the or else. 

The way you have things written will work. 

IF light  X is switched on

THEN stop program 1

Disable program 1

Or else

Enable program 1

34 minutes ago, asbril said:

IF light  X is switched on

THEN stop program 1

Disable program 1

Or else

Enable program 1

Thats because there was nothing to trigger the or else to run.

If x is switched on

and

(x is not switched off or status x is off)

THEN

stop and disable

OR ELSE

enable

I installed this new version from the Admin console everything works fine...however I use Roomie Remote ver 6.x on my iPads and I have several of these in each room....there is. 4/5 second lag for each command basically it’s slow to respond...I don’t have such issues with 4.7.x please help.

1 hour ago, SSS said:

I installed this new version from the Admin console everything works fine...however I use Roomie Remote ver 6.x on my iPads and I have several of these in each room....there is. 4/5 second lag for each command basically it’s slow to respond...I don’t have such issues with 4.7.x please help.

There's a roomie subforum. You may want to post there as all users don't check every post. 

On 5/13/2020 at 12:18 PM, asbril said:

In our laundry room we have a door to the outside and I have a motion sensor that is programmed to turn the ceiling light ON upon motion. However whenever someone is the laundry room for a longer time than just passing through, the light, after the set period of 2 1/2 minutes, goes OFF and then goes ON straight away. This is a bit annoying. What I want is that when someone has already turned ON the Laundry Ceiling light, then the motion sensor does not turn On  the light.

I designed 2 programs :

Program 1

IF :  -empty-

THEN : set laundry ceiling ON

wait 2 minutes and 30 seconds

set laundry ceiling OFF

ELSE : -empty-

Program 2

IF :  ceiling light Status is OFF

and Motion Sensor is ON

THEN : Run program 1

But this does not seem to do the job.

Would an alternative something like the following do the job ?

Program 3

IF : Motion sensor is ON

THEN : Laundry Ceiling Light ON

Wait 2 minutes 30 seconds

Laundry Ceiling Light OFF

Program 4

IF Laundry Ceiling light is switched ON

THEN :Disable Program 3

Program 5

IF : Laundry Ceiling Light is switched OFF 

or Status Laundry Ceiling Light is OFF

THEN : Enable Program 3

I look forward to any ideas and insight,

Thanks

I have a door sensor on the front door that turns on the hall light for 5 minutes when the door opens. Using the switch or the keypad will disable the automatic on-off from the sensor.

The sensor sets a variable, as does the switch. The Switch, KPL and micro dimmer module that controls the light are all linked in scene "Entry Light".  Then 4 programs are used to control behavior. ($Daytime is a variable that is 1 during times the sun is up, and $ExitDelay prevents the light from going on for 2 minutes when I open the door after turning off the light manually The bedroom control referenced in the program turns on all lights in the house when used).  Note: the AND in "EntryLgtManON" IF section should be OR.

image.png.15f0704d4b74e2bba78c7e901e2fede0.png

image.png.277010aa25a6fd8dc209467c798ac5fd.png

image.png.c74d6127dc7e4c646fb6e4e2000d48ef.png

image.png.92803eef0fc5539374d685fcaef0da5c.png

image.png.19534767e3cd7ffd97b720bfd3e5ab8d.png

Edited by Craigb
clarity
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Craigb said:

I have a door sensor on the front door that turns on the hall light for 5 minutes when the door opens. Using the switch or the keypad will disable the automatic on-off from the sensor.

The sensor sets a variable, as does the switch. The Switch, KPL and micro dimmer module that controls the light are all linked in scene "Entry Light".  Then 4 programs are used to control behavior. ($Daytime is a variable that is 1 during times the sun is up, and $ExitDelay prevents the light from going on for 2 minutes when I open the door after turning off the light manually The bedroom control referenced in the program turns on all lights in the house when used).  Note: the AND in "EntryLgtManON" IF section should be OR.

image.png.15f0704d4b74e2bba78c7e901e2fede0.png

image.png.277010aa25a6fd8dc209467c798ac5fd.png

image.png.c74d6127dc7e4c646fb6e4e2000d48ef.png

image.png.92803eef0fc5539374d685fcaef0da5c.png

image.png.19534767e3cd7ffd97b720bfd3e5ab8d.png

Thanks, I have resolved my issue with 3 programs :

(1)

IF Motion Sensor is ON

THEN  Light X goes ON

Wait 2 minutes

Light X goes OFF

(2)

IF Light X is switched ON

THEN Stop Program (1)

Disable Program (1)

(3)

IF Light X is switched OFF

THEN Enable Program (1)

6 hours ago, asbril said:

Thanks, I have resolved my issue with 3 programs :

(1)

IF Motion Sensor is ON

THEN  Light X goes ON

Wait 2 minutes

Light X goes OFF

(2)

IF Light X is switched ON

THEN Stop Program (1)

Disable Program (1)

(3)

IF Light X is switched OFF

THEN Enable Program (1)

Have a look at this I believe the top two programs do what you want. Yours look very similar.

2 hours ago, larryllix said:

Have a look at this I believe the top two programs do what you want. Yours look very similar.

The one weakness in my Programs is that if I set Light X  to ON, either in Administrative Console/Mobilinc or in another (unrelated) Program the logic in my Program (2) does not work. However I believe that if I add in IF  or Light X Status in ON, then it nullifies Light X goes to OFF after 2 minutes.

This is not a major issue as I rarely control Light X  in AC/Mobilinc, but I'd like to understand how to avoid this conflict. Do your Programs resolve this ?

Thanks Larryllix, at first look maybe a bit too complex for me but I will look at it. 

Edited by asbril
2 hours ago, asbril said:

Thanks Larryllix, at first look maybe a bit too complex for me but I will look at it. 

Ohhh..not sure what MSes you are using. If you cannot turn off the Off signal from the MSes, it will not work very well. I have some Insteon MS IIs that have this problem and they are a PITA having to flounder in the middle of the night in the dark.

I have found that a cure should be to set the On duration to a long time inside the MS but these POSs will not send another On signal until the On duration x2. (The internal circuitry needs to be off as long as it was on).

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Ohhh..not sure what MSes you are using. If you cannot turn off the Off signal from the MSes, it will not work very well. I have some Insteon MS IIs that have this problem and they are a PITA having to flounder in the middle of the night in the dark.

I have found that a cure should be to set the On duration to a long time inside the MS but these POSs will not send another On signal until the On duration x2. (The internal circuitry needs to be off as long as it was on).

You are right..... I use Zwave sensors and I can not turn OFF these sensors from the AC.  I thought indeed of adding a time factor, but have to think about this more.

3 minutes ago, asbril said:

You are right..... I use Zwave sensors and I can not turn OFF these sensors from the AC.  I thought indeed of adding a time factor, but have to think about this more.

But with Zwave sensors you don't have the problem of the Insteon direct link scene turning the lights off again. All control logic goes through the ISY programs right?

Edited by larryllix
1 hour ago, larryllix said:

All control logic goes through the ISY programs right?

I don't think there is any control of Zwave sensors in ISY, other than disable/enable.  I believe that one can change the parameters, such as duration of sensor's ON but I have not played with that yet.