PG3x on Polisy

JTsao

Has anyone been able to update PG3 to PG3x on the Polisy? 

There is a link to do this on this page: https://www.universal-devices.com/eisyir-flirc/  - I clicked on it and it didn't work - I get "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."  The link is this https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable - but more importantly, I haven't seen that anyone else has tried this or if PG3x has any issues...

1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

Are you on the latest IoX already?  I believe this only works for version 5.5.9 so you should probably do an "Upgrade Packages" from the admin console, prior to trying to migrate.

Yes I actually did an update a few days ago and am now on IoX 5.5.9

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten PG3x loaded on my Polisy so I can use the IR receiver I ordered. I followed the instructions in the newsletter from UD last week. But now none of my Node Servers will run.

I first updated to 5.5.9 on Polisy then to PG3x version 3.1.24. I've properly rebooted. My IoX is running fine from my AS - except that none of the PG3 nodes are working. When I log into the Polisy, the dashboard says It's connected but all the Node Servers say Disconnected. I've tried clicking Start. I've tried clicking Restart. I've tried restarting Polyglot and I've tried rebooting the Polisy. Nothing starts the Node Servers and the logs for each of them are all empty.

Thank you for your reply Bob. I found my mistake. When I migrated from my backup I clicked the file to load the file but I didn't click it again when the button changed to "Restore" I went back and did the process again, properly, and it is now working. 

Thank you for your offer of help.

• Thanks 1

@JTsao I went ahead and made my backups and tried using the following URL.

https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable

I was first warned by my browser that here there be dragons (Problems with the cert) bypassing the warning I was then promoted for a user name and password. admin/admin did not work. I also tried polisy/admin with no luck. So unless we are first given the correct user name / password combo this is a non-starter.

It was a flight of fancy for me and not mission critical. Having been stopped at first base I have lost interest in pursuing this for the moment.

• Like 2

I would assume the username/password is the same as what you use to log into the admin console.  We've been working to consolidate logins to use that everywhere, but we're not there yet.  

That is one difference between PG3x and PG3.  PG3x uses the same username/password as the admin console, PG3 has it's own username/password database that's independent from everything else.

• Thanks 1

@bpwwer, on my test polisy the password / user is admin / admin. That combination did not work. I typed it multiple times with caps without etc. nothing seemed to tickle the fancy of what ever system is checking the password / user name.

I mention this only so you guys have a heads up. As I said not mission critical at all. Very low priority for me.

9 hours ago, kzboray said:

...Having been stopped at first base I have lost interest in pursuing this for the moment.

I completely relate and understand - my Polisy is my active controller = mission critical (with an eISY/Zmatter on standby for future migration) I rely on it too much so I don't want to break anything or take unnecessary risks...