Daily eisy Reboots

CNelson03

I noticed in the "Notifications" tab of UD Mobile, that my eisy will go offline and then back online a couple minutes later.  I assume this is a reboot of some sort and it's been happening once or twice per day on average.  Is this for firmware updates or some other normal behavior?  It's not always the same time, some overnight, others during the day.  I've been having some intermittent connectivity issues so I just wanted to check to see if something is up with the eisy.

@CNelson03 It's not rebooting (well, probably not anyway), but it's because UDI implemented a new alert process when the system loses connection to UD Portal.

See this thread: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/40897-new-feature-ud-communications-system-notifications/

You can turn those UD generated notifications off in UD Mobile if you're not concerned about the connection to the portal.

In UD Mobile on the Notifications screen click the gear icon on top right then scroll down to System Notifications and turn them off to the group/device you don't want them pushing the alert to.

I also receive these every few days and find them unnecessary as I don't "rely" on portal connectivity so don't worry about it...especially when they were happening at 3am and 4am timeframe. 

You could create a program in IoX to send a notification (to UD Mobile or via email) when the IoX system reboots/restarts. That might be more meaningful for possible issues with the system. 

@TUhl01 could be any number of issues. But essentially just means your device has lost connection to the ISY Portal. If this is happening a lot you should review any IoX and PG3/PG3x logs for any disconnects. 

If you don’t see any issues it could be a quick drop of your internet connection that other devices might not have noticed or shown any issue. 

Lots of alerts you should open a support ticket to see if UDI can help find the issue or describe if there are any issues in the logs they might have. 

I have received a few alerts, most were from times I know I issued a reboot command to the eisy or a local ISP issue because my router logged an outage.