RainMachine NS, Shows controller to be offline

Go to solution Solved by glarsen,

Hi @glarsen, I just started up the RainMachine NS for the season today.  I'm running 3.2.0.  The NS is up and running but the AC indicates that the RainMachine status is Offline.

I looked in the log and I saw this error:

2023-04-14 21:27:10,908 Thread-58  udi_interface      ERROR    rmfuncs:rmHeartBeat: Ping Error - No Heartbeat
2023-04-14 21:32:10,920 Thread-76  udi_interface      ERROR    rmfuncs:rmHeartBeat: Ping Error - No Heartbeat

The odd part is that it is working, I can turn zones on from the AC.

I noticed in your change log that there is a  version 3.2.1 but it doesn't seem to be available in the NS store even after a refresh.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

image.png

I've noticed that ping error too, but haven't had time to look into it.  I thnk something changed with the ping API call.  It's only a status check and had no operational effect on the NS, so I haven't prioritized it yet.

There is no 3.2.1, that seems to have crept in during another node server update. (though I guess there will be once the ping check is fixed)

Edited by glarsen
  • Solution

So, the heartbeat fix was trivial.  3.2.1 is indeed there now with the fix.

Note: Since 3.2.0 was so old, and with significant changes to PG3x since it was released, you may have to re-install rather than just restart to update.

Edited by glarsen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1