Using Indigo Over Existing ISY

I have an ISY system at my home that works fantastic. But at my office, I want to try out an Indigo install. I don’t need an entire ISY. Unfortunately, I am in the WGA and currently on strike (!!!), and cannot get into my offices. With the downtime, I want to experiment with an Indigo at home. 

Can I just install Indigo on my computer, and then plug a second PLM into that computer, and then run that on top of my existing ISY system?

That's not something I've ever tried, though I suspect the result of trying to make that work will be some sort of pain.  Your existing devices don't know anything about the new PLM, and vice versa, so you'll have to delete devices from your existing network and install them in the Indigo setup.

If you have a test jig and a spare Insteon device, then you might use that combo with your Indigo setup, keeping the two Insteon networks separate, otherwise, I see some factory resets and reinstalling Insteon devices in your future.

I don't think a PLM will interfere with a device that's not in it's link table, but I don't know...

• Like 2