error: Please use an account with one or more devices installed.

I am following the instructions and I cannot get past this error (as noted above).   when i get to the honeywell home part and click "allow", it says:

Please use an account with one or more devices installed

I have my thermostat installed.  any suggestions?

@someguy - Just out of curiosity, what thermostats are you using?  I moved into a different residence about six months ago, and put in several new Honeywell thermostats (model RTH9585WF). I ran into the same problem you did with these thermostats in that the process defined to register/associate them with the node server didn't seem to have any knowledge of their existence.

I tried going through Honeywell's online chat support, emailed their developer support address at Resideo, and opened multiple support cases, none of which went anywhere.  And I was just trying to get an answer to the question of whether my specific model thermostat is supported by their APIs.  I finally gave up, but I check every once in a while to see if perhaps they change something on the back end.  So far, no change. 

My prior residence used different Honeywell thermostats (model TH9320WF5003), and if I recall correctly, those seemed to work fine with the node server.  But they went through a similar cycle - didn't work for a long time, then just started working one day.  Unfortunately, I left them in the prior house. 

On the plus side, you can try using Home Assistant as an automation option.  I've had good experience with that, and it seems to work fine with the thermostats mentioned above. 

I got a little further after connecting my thermostat from the "mytotalconnect" account into my "resideo" account and then got this error:

image.png.d8b24f4625cab878e5cc2df814881426.png

@dwengrovitzI'm using a visionpro 8000 wifi thermostat.  

anyone:  where would anyone suggest that I try to get support from Honeywell or from the maker of the Nodeserver?

Edited by someguy
On 5/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, someguy said:

anyone:  where would anyone suggest that I try to get support from Honeywell or from the maker of the Nodeserver?

If Honeywell's site doesn't see their own products then that's probably where I would start. Once it shows up on their servers the node server should probably find it by connecting somehow. 

To me I'd say this is probably an "unsupported" node server. You could open an issue on the github, but appears that @bpwwer is the one updating a few files there now. 

https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-honeywellhome-poly/issues